• 2 Post By ChasinRC
  • 1 Post By Guam_RC
  • 1 Post By clivewr

Thread: Traxxas E-Maxx vs. HPI Savage Flux HP

RC Set Designer
    Guam_RC started this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Follow Guam_RC On Twitter Add Guam_RC on Facebook Add Guam_RC on Bebo Add Guam_RC on MySpace Visit Guam_RC's Youtube Channel Visit Guam_RC's Vimeo Channel

Traxxas E-Maxx vs. HPI Savage Flux HP

Hello! My bro is thinking of getting a Traxxas E-Maxx w/mamba monster or. HPI Savage Flux HP. I did my research on the net and have all the info I think I need.

However, I would love to interact with all the awesome members on the forum and get your honest opinion on your choice.

Thanks again and as always,
    see you on the threads

Lexboy likes this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Photobucket

Click the Banner to come Check Out our Amazing RC Store!
    We Ship World-Wide!

RCSparks Studio Approved!

RC Production Assist monsterair's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit monsterair's Youtube Channel
    hpi savage the have a huge rep and are very strong

Guam_RC and RiccoFX like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit Lexboy's Youtube Channel
    I got an e-maxx...
    I upgrade it with an aluminium chassis from GrorillaMaxx...

Its a beast !
    It's fast, strong, and much more.

But here in Belgium, is traxxas a difficult to obtain a product.
    It takes long before the parts arrive here ...

That's too bad ..

A Savage Flux is also a beast...
    But I think, the E-Maxx with mamba monser is better...

Of course they are equally good
    But, when you upgrade them,
    Is an e-maxx the best car...

I personally think anyway

Greetz, Lexboy

Guam_RC likes this.

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Follow Guam_RC On Twitter Add Guam_RC on Facebook Add Guam_RC on Bebo Add Guam_RC on MySpace Visit Guam_RC's Youtube Channel Visit Guam_RC's Vimeo Channel
    Thanks for the comments. Please feel free to drop in your opinion.

Lexboy likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright i think the e-maxx is a great truck. and all these comments rele r opinions. but i believe the Savage flux will be the truck ur brother will have most fun with. traxxas trucks break non-stop trust me i have a S-maxx and a nitro rustler. i also have a savage 4.6, now the savage ive had much more durability with and just the build of the HPI savage line is way more durable than any traxxas truck. traxxas trucks are good but the savage will with stand way better. and if it comes down to upgrades. the savage is just as customizable as the e-maxx and correct me if im wrong but even the pats are cheaper?

so thats my opinion, all day you can search which is better and your always gonna have t-maxx and savage x or xl people bashing heads. Thats why this is such a great hobby so much versatility.

Guam_RC likes this.

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree...Good points

Quote Originally Posted by GBGenocide View Post
    alright i think the e-maxx is a great truck. and all these comments rele r opinions. but i believe the Savage flux will be the truck ur brother will have most fun with. traxxas trucks break non-stop trust me i have a S-maxx and a nitro rustler. i also have a savage 4.6, now the savage ive had much more durability with and just the build of the HPI savage line is way more durable than any traxxas truck. traxxas trucks are good but the savage will with stand way better. and if it comes down to upgrades. the savage is just as customizable as the e-maxx and correct me if im wrong but even the pats are cheaper?

so thats my opinion, all day you can search which is better and your always gonna have t-maxx and savage x or xl people bashing heads. Thats why this is such a great hobby so much versatility.

RC Studio Gopher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit punchritch's Youtube Channel
    My friend has the HPI Savage Flux, the thing is insane. I guess it would end up being price and your choice. Wouldn't be nice if you could test drive them like you do a new car before you bought one!!!

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking that exact same thing. It would be nice if your LHS had a test drive! It may help with sales

Quote Originally Posted by punchritch View Post
    My friend has the HPI Savage Flux, the thing is insane. I guess it would end up being price and your choice. Wouldn't be nice if you could test drive them like you do a new car before you bought one!!!

RC Locations Scout 4WheelBasher's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit 4WheelBasher's Youtube Channel
    My Votes For Traxxas E-Maxx w/mamba monster

Let Us Know What You Get

Studio Forums Elite

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit rcjoe's Youtube Channel
    I was in the same boat, e-maxx bl or savage? in the end I went with the e-maxx because it's in between the savage and the e-revo, the e-revo is good for racing on a track, the savage is good for launching vertically into the sky, so the e-maxx is good for a little bit of both, it can race on a track and keep up with a savage on the dirt hills, that's why I like this truck

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How is the durablility of the E-Savage in your opinion. I have read lots of threads saying its not bash worthy?

What are your thought?

Quote Originally Posted by rcjoe View Post
    I was in the same boat, e-maxx bl or savage? in the end I went with the e-maxx because it's in between the savage and the e-revo, the e-revo is good for racing on a track, the savage is good for launching vertically into the sky, so the e-maxx is good for a little bit of both, it can race on a track and keep up with a savage on the dirt hills, that's why I like this truck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SAVAGE!!! that is all

RiccoFX likes this.

Studio Forums Elite

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit rcjoe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Guam_RC View Post
    How is the durablility of the E-Savage in your opinion. I have read lots of threads saying its not bash worthy?

What are your thought?
    not bash worthy?! I have the savage x 4.6 and the brushed 16.8v E-savage, and these trucks were built from the ground up for bashing, I have never broken a savage... and I've had them for years, then I got the e-maxx brushless and snapped the rear shock tower along with the wheelie bar on the 3rd run... so yes, in my opinion the savage is bash worthy

Guam_RC likes this.

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I meant, I have heard that the E-Maxx is not Bash Worthy and that it breaks easily...

I agree with you on the savage thoughh! My cousin has the Savage FLux and it is a beast that takes a beating

Quote Originally Posted by rcjoe View Post
    not bash worthy?! I have the savage x 4.6 and the brushed 16.8v E-savage, and these trucks were built from the ground up for bashing, I have never broken a savage... and I've had them for years, then I got the e-maxx brushless and snapped the rear shock tower along with the wheelie bar on the 3rd run... so yes, in my opinion the savage is bash worthy

RiccoFX likes this.

Studio Forums Elite

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the e-maxx 3908 I run it on 6s Lipo and as a basher I don't think it stacks up to the savage. It will with ALOT of upgrades but out of the box the savage is by far the tougher truck. I pretty much break by emaxx every time I drive it, not so much lately because I have upgraded alot like RPM a arms front and rear, RPM shock towers front and rear, traxxas upgraded shocks, traxxas cvd driveshafts center and axle shafts, RPM skid plates, and it still needs some upgrades. So with all those upgrades the only parts that break now are the rear bulkhead and skid plate. The only reason I haven't upgraded those yet is because the bulkhead is 75$ and I'm afraid if I do its going to just break the chassis instead.
    But I am running on 6s Lipo if I was only using 4s I'm shur I wouldnt of had so many problems.
    I think that the emaxx handels better than the savage because it has a lower cg, and it might be a c hair faster but not enough to really matter.
    Personally I think that I made a mistake in not getting the savage

Guam_RC likes this.

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Madmardigan, thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    I have the e-maxx 3908 I run it on 6s Lipo and as a basher I don't think it stacks up to the savage. It will with ALOT of upgrades but out of the box the savage is by far the tougher truck. I pretty much break by emaxx every time I drive it, not so much lately because I have upgraded alot like RPM a arms front and rear, RPM shock towers front and rear, traxxas upgraded shocks, traxxas cvd driveshafts center and axle shafts, RPM skid plates, and it still needs some upgrades. So with all those upgrades the only parts that break now are the rear bulkhead and skid plate. The only reason I haven't upgraded those yet is because the bulkhead is 75$ and I'm afraid if I do its going to just break the chassis instead.
    But I am running on 6s Lipo if I was only using 4s I'm shur I wouldnt of had so many problems.
    I think that the emaxx handels better than the savage because it has a lower cg, and it might be a c hair faster but not enough to really matter.
    Personally I think that I made a mistake in not getting the savage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Add 10 Gauge on Facebook Visit 10 Gauge's Youtube Channel
    Savage hands down.

Why? Because it's not Traxxas.

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by 10 Gauge View Post
    Savage hands down.

Why? Because it's not Traxxas.

Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Follow ChasinRC On Twitter Add ChasinRC on Facebook Visit ChasinRC's Youtube Channel Visit ChasinRC's Vimeo Channel
    changed my mind. seems like the Savage is the way to go.

RC Set Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Savage Flux is a Monster of a truck

Quote Originally Posted by ChasinRC View Post
    changed my mind. seems like the Savage is the way to go.

RiccoFX likes this.

Country
    United States
    Images
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Visit Azrayel74's Youtube Channel
    I agree... having had a Savage AND and Emaxx 16.8V... id take the savage any day... unfortunately for me.. my Savage is TOO fast for the area i have to run .. too many trees means a badly smashed truck at some point.. hence why i decided to put mine up for sale... but if you have some good open ground to really get that truck up and running... it is simply AMAZING...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FLUX, FLUX, FLUX, FLUX, FLUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SUPER durable, SUPER quick, Hands down the best 1/8 monster out there!!!!

RiccoFX likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the e maxx is about 5 mph faster but the savage will last a lot longer and it dont break as easy

RC Production Assist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I vote flux hp.

I dont have any experiance with the traxxas.

And my flux hp breaks every time i drive it but its totally worth it! Its by far my favorite rc ever. The stunts it does are just mind boggiling.

I have fixed most of the parts i broke so its not breaking as much now. And i run on 4s. 6s is just crazy.

Parts i have broke
    Stock a-arm
    Rpm a-arm
    Front hub carrier
    Rear bulkhead
    Both bumpers
    Both diffs

The a-arms
    and bulkheads all broke in cold weather the plastic is junk when cold

Diffs broke from me landing jumps pinned with my slipper locked out

All that was worth it and now that its warmer out i havnt been breaking things

Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Visit That_One_Guy's Youtube Channel
    I was thinking that exact same thing. It would be nice if your LHS had a test drive! It may help with sales
    Guam, my LHS actually does let you test out some vehicles. But its not all the vehicles in shop just the popular ones that are selling good at the time.

+ Reply to Thread