Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott

Thread: Xr10 bjv4

Studio Forums Elite

Scott started this thread.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xr10 bjv4

Everyone else has been getting them going so I figured I might as well as well. This started off as the red bodied XR10 seen in Medic's video's.

Y Town BJ4
    Dual Tekin FX-R's
    Integy 45t (have some Tekin hand wounds just haven't put them in)
    Hyperion 3 cell 1100mAh
    Hitec 7950 (just haven't put my real servo back in, a Futaba 9157)
    Vanquish Motor Plate's
    Vanquish C Hubs
    Vanquish Steering Knuckles
    Custom steering tie rod
    Stock upper links and front lower links
    Hacked up STRC AX10 bent lower links
    Vanquish SLW's
    Hot Bodies Rovers, white
    Crawler Innovations foams
    Futaba 4PKS
    Stock shocks

I have played around a little bit with a few different things and found that the stock shocks aren't that bad. I have the aluminum caps for them, I just haven't put them on either.
    I have some of the Axial machined gears, but not all of them. I'm waiting until I get them all before I change them, or until I break even more gears. So far the count is at 14 I think. Last time I took the axles apart I found 2 more broken ones...
    I need to paint up some panels and make some links. I will probably do some delrin links again. I ended up taking a decent fall and hit the right way and broke one of them and I wasn't wild about them either.

Before

After

I have since made some panels but just left them clear. It's a different look but I like it.

thomanator likes this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Photobucket

Click the Banner to come Check Out our Amazing RC Store!
    We Ship World-Wide!

RCSparks Studio Approved!

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Friday night I had my front ESC crap out on me. I need to get it fixed up and I'll be back running it. This might give to time to look at a couple of other things and get it where I want to.

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since I can't detail the build of the kits and axles anywhere near as well as Medic, once again, follow his build series for all of that.

YouTube - djmedic2008's Channel

Enjoy the series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you have built one heck of a machine Scott. With all the xr-10's I see running around and how they do through-out the comps thats what made me go that way for one. Nice job bud!

Owner TEDS GARAGE

Country
    Canada
    Images
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Follow Crawler Ted On Twitter Add Crawler Ted on Facebook Visit Crawler Ted's Youtube Channel Visit Crawler Ted's Vimeo Channel
    Just make sure you vanquish it real good and you'll be ok ,,lol

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think there are two key Vanquish parts. Motor plates and steering knuckle arm if not the whole knuckle. And then the upgraded gears. After that it will be pretty good. Of course you could just build the VP axles and be done with it....

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ended up blowing up my front Tekin ESC good. I talked to Tekin and they told me to try a few things. It won't even register on a Hotwire. I got a couple to replace both as I send the old one to Tekin for some service. When I get the back they can go into my old Bully for the fiance.
    I figured while I was rewiring everything anyway, I might as well finally take this opportunity to ditch the Integy motors and put in my Tekin hand wounds. Just playing around in the house they feel so much better. The brake hold is unreal. I have a couple of trick to try with those Integy's but I don't think they'll ever be as good as the hand wounds.
    I picked up another battery as well. I'm really liking the Hyperion batteries so I grabbed another 3 cell 1100mAh, 35c. I could have gone with the 45c for an extra 10 but it's really not needed. We don't draw anywhere close to 35 amps so why spend the extra money?
    So I am now ready for Ted's tonight!

Fabricator

Country
    Canada
    Images
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Visit Chunder's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I picked up another battery as well. I'm really liking the Hyperion batteries so I grabbed another 3 cell 1100mAh, 35c. I could have gone with the 45c for an extra 10 but it's really not needed. We don't draw anywhere close to 35 amps so why spend the extra money?
    Have you run a power meter on it to see exactly what you do draw? I'm curious...

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, personally, I haven't. There was a thread on RC Crawler a couple of years ago about it. At least I think it was RCC. What their findings said was that the servo's were pulling more juice than than the motors were, and we run an 10amp BEC for the servo. The truck doesn't lose power even in some of the tightest servo binds so it's not drawing 10 amps.

I have run my XR10 on my 1050mah battery for 43 minutes at Ted's. That's an average draw of about 1.3amps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    way cool, i have a list of parts i want to get the xr10 rolling over $1300 i have herd the xr10 was designed for the fx-r my buddy wants me to get a losi night crawler but i like the kit factor of the xr10 and i dont have to upgade the losi to get the specialties of the xr10 out of the box

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The XR10 was designed to use any ESC that will fit in it. Castle Creations makes some ESC's that might be a tough smaller and can handle the higher voltage of 4, 5, or 6 cell easier.

You really can't compare a night crawler and the XR10. They are a way different base. Ones a full on comp rig and the other is just a beat around truck. They are both good at what they do but they are no where close to the same.

RC Studio Gopher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awsome rig... I wish I lived in Canada to do some driving at Teds, it looks like you guys have a blast over there! Keep up the great action at Teds so Medic can film it for us all to watch. XR10 is next on my list of trucks to get thanks for the great hop-up tricks from someone who flogs their rig! Take care yall and keep it up!

Studio Forums Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another night at Ted's Garage. I got beat out by one guy tonight and he was running an XR10 as well.

Some more of the mods I have done were the shock caps. I ditched the stock plastic ones and went with the Axial aluminum ones, like they should have been from the start, included in the kit. I also made up some new rear links that put my wheel base at 12 31/64". Running very tight to the rules, but still under.

Ted was going to let me try his 450mah Hyperion battery tonight but I decided against it. I will try one out but I will use the one I already have. I just didn't take it with me tonight.

I also got some new wheels. I ended up with 6 VP DH Pro Comp's so I am running SLW's rear and Pro Comp front's. The rims are wider so the tires are a little flatter. Not sure I'm really digging the front foam set up but I can experiment with that easy enough. I just don't seem to have quite enough bite so I will try taking out the inner ring of foam, but leave the outer.

+ Reply to Thread