+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ignite Falcon Heli

RC Studio Gopher
    JonS started this thread.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Visit JonS's Youtube Channel

Ignite Falcon Heli

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has experience with the Ignite brand of Heli from Wally World? I picked one up last night for 25 bucks. It seems to be pretty decent. It has a 3.5ch radio that allows for up, down, forward and reverse flight. The controls seem very responsive as well. Way better than my Air Hogs Shapshooter (crappy thing).

However, I seem to have an issue with it. I know I know it's cheap and from WalMart what did I expect? The instruction manual says to let it charge for 45 mins for 6 minutes of flight time. The problem is it only charges for like 10 mins before the light on the radio says it's ready. I figure there's no damn way its fully charged already and sure enough I can fly it like 2 minutes before it's dead again. Should I just take it back to the store and get my money back and find a better copter or is there anything I can check?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Photobucket

Click the Banner to come Check Out our Amazing RC Store!
    We Ship World-Wide!

RCSparks Studio Approved!

RC Studio Gopher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

falcon flyier

I charge mine with a USB from one of my other helos . 5 minutes of flight is not going to happen unless you change the battery and go with a lipo 150 or 200 mah. Try USB charging takes only a cpuple of minutes compared to theremote charger 10 to 15 minutes.

RC Set Designer
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly if I were you I would just return it and save up till youve got about $80 and go get yourself an Eflite Blade MCX. Its a great starter heli and VERY durable! Its flight time is about 8 minutes and it goes up down forward back straifs right and left.

Proud SCX10 Owner

Country
    Australia
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Visit Magnat007's Youtube Channel
    I discovered with my Picco Z that if I charged it from the controller it would cut off prematurely as the voltage in the AA batteries dropped too low to charge the Heli.

I just read reviews on your Heli and it does not look good.
    They seem to have all had charging troubles or unstable flight characteristics.

Now as with ALL helicopters each of us has their own experiences but for cheap in door heli's the Skytech M5 or Syma 107G seems to be the more reliable of the indoor helicopters
    in the under $50 range..
    I own the Skytech M5 and while it will not win any points for Speed.. it is Unbelievably stable in a still room but you cannot take any of the Infra red helicopters outside. Direct
    sunlight interfears with the signal.
    If your looking at getting another cheap Heli... make sure it has a Gyro.. as with out it they are a pain to fly.

M5

Syma 107G

The Blade is definately a better Heli and will leave these two for dead in performance but they do cost more.

Last edited by Magnat007; 08-20-12 at 7:22 PM.

RC Set Designer
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yea it does cost a bit more but it makes up for it in durability and the stability that even a beginner like me was able to quickly learn how to fly with confidence I cannot count how many times i flew into a wall or the counter or cabinets ceiling so on and so forth lol but now I can easily fly it around and even chase the cat and dogs with and can easily fly it near people without any worry of hitting them. Im looking to buy a new and better heli after I get a touring/ drift car. I have had my Blade for 2 months and I fly it 3-4 times a day since I got it 2 months ago and I still havent broken anything and it still works perfectly.

Last edited by ScaleBasher; 08-20-12 at 9:10 PM.

RC Set Designer
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please excuse the poor camera work as it was a 14yr old shooting this with his cellphone.

RC Studio Gopher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help on charging and flight time

Quote Originally Posted by JonS View Post
    Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has experience with the Ignite brand of Heli from Wally World? I picked one up last night for 25 bucks. It seems to be pretty decent. It has a 3.5ch radio that allows for up, down, forward and reverse flight. The controls seem very responsive as well. Way better than my Air Hogs Shapshooter (crappy thing).

However, I seem to have an issue with it. I know I know it's cheap and from WalMart what did I expect? The instruction manual says to let it charge for 45 mins for 6 minutes of flight time. The problem is it only charges for like 10 mins before the light on the radio says it's ready. I figure there's no damn way its fully charged already and sure enough I can fly it like 2 minutes before it's dead again. Should I just take it back to the store and get my money back and find a better copter or is there anything I can check?

put all new batteries replace the 2 that comes with it & u will get better performance

later Jay

+ Reply to Thread