+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By summitnut

Thread: Axial wraith or traxxas summit 1/10???

RC Production Assist
    Johnston001 started this thread.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Axial wraith or traxxas summit 1/10???

Hi all i have been looking at adding a new basher to my edition and i was wondering which one of these is better.. if i got the summit i would leave it stock but if i got the wraith is put my titan 12t and xl5 in it and stronger drive shaft if nessesary so what do you think will be better for me?? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Photobucket

Click the Banner to come Check Out our Amazing RC Store!
    We Ship World-Wide!

RCSparks Studio Approved!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Add scx10creeper84 on Facebook Visit scx10creeper84's Youtube Channel
    For a basher i would say the summit,the wraith can take abuse but for all around the summit is a great off road rc.Some folks say the summit is junk others love it,it seems to be that way with any rc though.The wraith is a fun rc too they both have their bad and good points.Its a tough decision for sure.

Last edited by scx10creeper84; 02-02-12 at 3:13 AM.

Friendly ENFORCER

Country
    Canada
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Follow Danboard On Twitter Visit Danboard's Youtube Channel
    +1 on the Traxxas Summit! Fun truck for bashing indeed!

A Friendly Enforcer

Country
    Canada
    Images
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Follow Dribble On Twitter Add Dribble on Facebook Visit Dribble's Youtube Channel
    I have never owned a Summit. But I will agree with these guys on the summit for bashing. I had never thought of getting one ever until one of my buddies brought his 1/10 summit out and ran it and I will say my jaw dropped. Now I want one. I would say as well go for the summit for bashing.

RCSparks Studios - A Global Leader in RC Video & Photography

Forum Rules - How Do I Post - How Do I Post A Picture - How Do I Join

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Add Nicodemous on Facebook Visit Nicodemous's Youtube Channel
    Whoever says the summit sucks should be shot!! Hehehe j/k
    I dont have the wraith but I love my summit, its probably one of my favorites rc's!

Studio Forums Elite

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Megatoys On Twitter
    I don't own a summit but I want one sooo bad. I have watched like every YouTube video on them and if inhad the money I would buy one. And then do the dual kershaw motor upgrade... Two 700 size water proof motors on 3s!!!! Are you kidding me! Can u say unstoppable!!!!!

There are bids of people pulling 1:1 cars with the summit..... I love axial to but try to pull a car with a wraith. Wouldent happen!

But like I said I don't own a summit but I know 2 people that do and those people also have wraiths and countless other toys and they say the summit is there favorite to just take out side and rip $H!T up!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.163809,-122.801619

Studio Forums Elite

Country
    Canada
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Visit summitnut's Youtube Channel
    The wraith and summit are similar ,yet completely different at the same time. Both good ,just for different reasons

scx10creeper84 likes this.

Studio Forums Elite

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like everybody has already said, the summit is going to be the better basher. You got full indepandant suspension, compared to the wraith's solid axels. Cornering and jumping is going to be way better with the summit. The summit is more off road, but can do a little bit of crawling. The wraith is more crawler based, but can do a little off roading too. It should come down to what your planning on doing more of.
    Another thing to consider is that to make the wraith a decent basher your going to have to sink some money in. where as the summit all you have to do is charge your batteries. With the wraith I think you will be dissapointed how it proforms with a 12t brushed motor.
    My wraith is built for just bashing, but to get it to do what I wanted it took alot of money, and time. But to me it was well worth it. To put on perspective, I could of bought 2 summit rtr's for the amount of money I have on my wraith. And I'm not done yet, when I am done I probably could of got 3. I know, its crazy and stupid. But I have one bad ass wraith that gives me a grin ear to ear every time I drive it.
    The summit is awsome, I don't have one, nor do I plan to ever get one. But there really is nothing else like it. Same goes for the wraith, it just needs more money invested in it.
    Check out my wraith build in the scale build section to get a idea of what it needs to make the wraith a good basher

Last edited by Madmardigan; 02-02-12 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have a wraith and my buddy has a summitt .

neither are good for speed in stock form .... put a monster mamba kit or similar in the summit and wow what a machine had some clutch issues but faultless otherwise, crawlability although its wide footprint can be an advantage its sheer weight can be a let down when crawling, and with the mamba on the oval is fast and strong... he has had it jumping but need to drop the weight with smaller batteries for better jumping.

i do more ... not scaling but relistic challenges with the wraith and have gotten further than the summit in some regards but is slow in stock form, i have broken a few things tho c cups bull bar ect but its coped a work out or 2 ..

over all in stock form the wraith is great for small areas and technical stuff and id let the kids use it with a close eye on them .. the summit needs room to move but id throw the kids the control and let them go nuts ... it would take a huge massive woops to hurt it..

well thats my 2c
    jimbo

+ Reply to Thread