1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/10th scale trailer custom made

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by Ironram, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Ironram

Ironram New Member

Hey guys, got a link to photobucket, it shows a trailer that my dad custom made and took approx. 3 months to build. Rude boys RC inspired us with a trailer as we seen Djmedic on project overkill show the trailer. We really do like that trailer but we took it a bit further and maybe not so much off road worthy but very scale.
    The frame is made out of aluminum and the deck is of course wood, the finish is powder coating. The wheels and tires are from RC4WD. The lights were provided by RC lighthouse. The leaf springs were custom made and really do work. The jack in the front is fully functional and works great. There is 16 led lights that is powered by the pulling trucks receiver. The tool box on the nose is very neat. Like I said the rude boys inspired us on the build but the trailer is actually scaled after our 1:1 we own. I hope you enjoy it and I hope I am allowed to post photobucket. I really want you guys to see this great trailer.

Pictures by schultz1918 - Photobucket

Thanks again guys

Kyle

2. cdnltded

cdnltded Well-Known Member

Media:
    nice trailer

3. jenkins23

jenkins23 RCSparks Team Member
    Intro Team Member

nice job .... tell your dad hes done an amazing job.... will we be seeing a running vid of this trailer in action???? either way great job it looks awsome

4. ipoodftw

ipoodftw New Member

That looks phenomenal. I would love to have something like that in my collection. Stunning work!!

5. Ironram

Ironram New Member

Yes a video will be in the works, I played with it a bit when my scx10 had a shorter wheelbase and since lengthened and the mods just kept coming. Working on a snow plow at the moment and having what radio to use or how to make it work issues with a traxxas 4 channel 2.4. So give me a couple of weeks and I will do my best to get my scx going to do a video. Thanks for the comments

Ipoodftw pm me if interested in one

6. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

nice man!!!! that looks amazing dude!!!
    CUDO'S to your old man mate!!!! got some skill for SURE!!!!!

7. Krazy Joe

Krazy Joe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Great job guys. And we are very happy to have inspired you. Very scale !!!!

8. 4x4guy302

4x4guy302 New Member

how do you make the trailer axles and where do you get the stuff for them, like the leaf springs, the axle tubes, bearings and the thing to mount tires to the axles. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!