1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

battery tray relocation

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by nelgrump, Nov 28, 2013.

1. nelgrump

nelgrump New Member

I got my axial wrangler rubicon and I wud like to move the Batt tray to the fro:wut:nt... Any iders?

2. dna4engr

dna4engr RCSparks Team Member
    Intro Team Member

It's pretty simple. You should have some extra parts with the kit. If not it mounts over the radio box using standoffs from the front two radio box mounting screws and 1 screw into the little hoop coming off the front bumper mount (if u don't have the hoop, move the one from the rear to the front. You'll need longer screws to go through the spacers into the radio box mount and the hoop in front.
    I can't remember but I think an scx10 honcho manual might show how to do this so you can google that.

DNA

3. Danboard

Danboard Friendly ENFORCER
    SUPER MODERATOR

4. nelgrump

nelgrump New Member

thank you guys and sorry to reply soo darn late

5. Fr8cture

Fr8cture New Member

I was pretty surprised when I got my JK kit, the optional mounting position was in the assembly instructions.

6. scaccima

scaccima Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The funny thing is when you download the manual from Axial's website, page 34 is different than the printed manual in the box! The downloaded version shows how to relocate the battery tray to the front below how to mount it in the rear. The manual that came with Jeep (RTR version) has a spot titled "Notes" below the instructions of mounting it in the rear instead.