1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra buttons perhaps?

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by Tako_Kichi, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Tako_Kichi
    Instant PM

Tako_Kichi New Member

Hi Medic, I know this is my first post here but I have been reading for a while and of course watching your videos. I am also a staff member/moderator on a couple of non-RC related forums and wondered if I might make a couple of suggestions to improve your new forums.

Is there any chance you could add a 'mark all forums read' button and a 'new posts' button please?

It makes life much easier when you can mark all forums as read whenever you want to and a new posts button would let you see what's been added since your last visit without having to go into every single forum manually to look for new posts.

Hopefully your new forum software will allow for these changes.

Thanks for all you've done so far and all the best for 2015 to you and yours.

2. Monkeypiarat
    Instant PM

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am wondering ...if you hover over the forum tab ,,when the little arrow appears ,and the tab box drops down that says
    "forum quick links" ,,,,,if that box has mark forums read ,,and ,, new posts ,,,,
    along with search forums and watched forums ,, and watched threads. do we still need another button to go next the button that will show that with a drop down arrow? just wondering.
    here is a link that you might get better results if you post your question here,,,,
    http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threads/new-forum-software-questions-and-answers.36016/

#2 Monkeypiarat, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    4mods likes this.
  3. Tako_Kichi
    Instant PM

Tako_Kichi New Member

Ahhh!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't spotted that hovering over the forums button gave you those options.

That will do nicely.

Thank you for pointing that out.

4. Monkeypiarat
    Instant PM

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

the forum is still new and I was told that by someone else so I thought I would pass it on.
    welcome to he forums and if you have any other questions just ask and I am sure someone will be glad to help.

4mods likes this.