1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HPI Racing RTR Crawler King Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by Knobby, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Knobby

Knobby
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone give me some feedback on this crawler ??
    I was looking at the Axial ax 10 until I saw this.
    Since I live in S. Florida I would make a purchase here : rcboca.com
    it's a couple hour ride but I'd have it shipped.
    it does say this in the description : competition in the 2.2 crawler class with over 15cm (6 inches) of suspension travel and wheelbase that extends to the maximum legal length
    no reviews yet on the page.
    I guess its a 1/10 it doesn't say but it's Long wheelbase chassis for sure-footed stability. can someone with experience check it out ??

2. CrawlHog

CrawlHog
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

the CK is an ok rig but its no comp crawler by any means without some major up grades. if you just wanna use it for some yard fun its not bad. there are a ton of mods you can do for free so do a litle searching. th first mod you should do is the servo mount mod, it will help in the long run.

3. Knobby

Knobby
    Expand Collapse

Hey thanks,
    I'm still looking for my 1st crawler and getting info like you've given helps in my decision. I've asked the same question of at least 5 different crawlers now ( not on here ) 2 of the 5 maybe but it's always good to have someone "in the know" give sensible answers.
    So, Thank you. I do want a rig that from time to time I can upgrade (ongoing) to eventually get it to be a comp class after awhile.

4. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin
    Expand Collapse

i have one! its great for a crawling vehicle but yes it isn't a comp crawler. i have changed mine into a more scale truck tho, but look at my threads to find some pics of it!