1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New FORUM FEATURES for EVERYONE!

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by RCSparks, Apr 28, 2013.

1. RCSparks
    Instant PM

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Hello my friends and fellow RC ADDiCTS! :graffiti:

In my quest to provide you guys with a really functional super-duper forum & community, I am always scouting new software and design methods to improve your quality of visits.

Here are a few of the Changes and Added Features that will benefit the way you use the RCSparks Studio Community Forums!

1) (This Feature Affects ALL Registered Members ) :XD:

My friends, there is a new selective search feature. When you click your mouse/curser into the search field - a new option will appear to help you find what you would like!

[​IMG]

"Search Titles Only" and "Show Results as Posts"

"Titles only", will populate search results ONLY using the word You choose, that appears in Titles of Threads. "Show Results as Posts" will show all posts that contain the word or sentance you are looking for! This will help you get to the information you need quicker than before!

2) THiS Feature Affects EVERY Visitor and Member! :hopemyfakesmilework

[​IMG]

The new "Footer" contains Links that will help you navigate throughout the site, and to some of the site sponsors. Now, though these links may change over time - notice that you can now "Edit Your Profile", "Search the Forums", Access a "FAQ/Help" file, & view "TOP Forum CONTRiBUTORS"!

3)THiS Feature Affects EVERY Member, Moderators and Admin!

[​IMG]

The FAQ & Help File can be found Near your Profile name in case you need quick help! - For Moderators - a NEW LiNK has been made available to you as well - it says "MOD". Now you can Check anything that needs moderating with Ease! I have an additional ADMiN button to allow me access to the coding area.

4) THiS Feature Affects EVERY Visitor and Member!

[​IMG]

The "Top Forum Contributors" has been installed & customized to assist in recognizing folks that really give a lot to this community. By Posting, and adding content - our forum continues to thrive with great experience. The Top 25 Contributors are listed in the chart based on Daily, Weekly, and Monthly contributions, Including "Overall" contributions.

The Top Contributors can also be seen in your "Community" tab. :yaehamnotdurnk:

[​IMG]

5) THiS Feature Affects ONLY ELiTE MEMBERS!

[​IMG]

For those folks that are able to contribute to our growing costs of running the community - and gain the Elite Membership Status... I have a surprise for YOU!

Now activated - CUSTOM USER TiTLES. :yuush:

Yup.. You guessed it... You may now have a CUSTOM USER TITLE - and instead of your username saying "Studio Forums Elite" - You may now change it to say ANYTHING you want.. BUT! You must stay within the Forum Rules. No profanity, or otherwise questionable material.. Lol. Breach of rules and community guidelines will be grounds of revoking your Elite Membership. Be nice.. and Title Yourself ANYTHiNG you WANT! You can do this by accessing you PROFiLE, and completing the edit!

My friends, I hope you enjoy the new features. I have been working on the forums for the last few days.. so thank you for your patience as I continue to build our community!

ENJOY the NEW USABiLITY!

:yo !:

William112321 and Mill Philler like this.
  2. RCSparks
    Instant PM

RCSparks Administrator

Media:
    Heads UP!

I am also moving the OFF TOPiC Chit-Chat Section to a different location.. Lower down on the forums..

I know, I know.. lots of us are used to where it is now.. but the placement seems weird. Why do we have Off Topic at the top of the Forums.. haha

It has been moved to below the all the RC Forums.. down to where the Testing forum is.

William112321 likes this.
  3. RCSparks
    Instant PM

RCSparks Administrator

Media:
    Continuing into making the forum a well rounded, and easy to use place.. here are a few more improvements.

Notice the little Green Check Marks?

[​IMG]

Here .. have a closer look ...

[​IMG]

This is the area where you can SUBSCRiBE to an Entire Forum.

Also.. if you notice in "Thread Tools" (Inside a Thread)... You can now Subscribe to the particular Thread :)

[​IMG]

Now, you don't have to miss out on a thing!! Follow along with your favorite Posters and Thread makers

:XD:

4. RCforlife29
    Instant PM

RCforlife29 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You are making the place better all the time, Epic just Epic!!!!

Mill Philler likes this.
  5. Bubba J
    Instant PM

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Keep it up Medic, and I won't have to do anything but log on .... LOL. You r always think of making the forum user friendly. Koodo's keep up the great work....

Mill Philler likes this.
  6. MrRcFanatik
    Instant PM

MrRcFanatik Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just awesome thanks man!! Can't believe that I'm one of the top posters recently! lol! Guess I HAVE been on here a lot!! I just can't get off!!! :)

Thanks for all the work you do Medic!

Cheers!

7. Hessian44
    Instant PM

Hessian44 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Haha me neither, and kudos to boss man for always keeping us addicts entertained with new shiny buttons and features to use.

8. BigMike81
    Instant PM

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Being realtively new here, this helps me understand the layout much better. Thank you Medic.

Mill Philler and oklamopar like this.
  9. cr3x
    Instant PM

cr3x Member

Medic we need also Recycle section. Lot of us have lots of spare parts or parts witch we are not useing. It will be nice to sell them here by ebay. Cheers

Mill Philler likes this.
  10. RCSparks
    Instant PM

RCSparks Administrator

Media:

There is a classified section right at the bottom of the page, my friend :)

11. Julian'sCustoms
    Instant PM

Julian'sCustoms New Member

I didn't find a forum for this so i hope it's ok to put it here. I am woundering if there will ever be some shirts and hoodies with the logo and stuff on the back and if there will ever be some stickers? thank you for spending valueble time reading this ;)

12. cr3x
    Instant PM

cr3x Member

sorry bro, my bad :/

13. William112321
    Instant PM

William112321 New Member

I i'm William and i'm searching for and rc that I will love. I'm a beginner it's will be my first Rc and I'm asking what is the best rc for evrything like me I want to take my Rc and go evrywhere: sand, snow, mud, field, etc. I have a buget of 700$!! Plz can you help me????

14. darkside0914
    Instant PM

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    wrong place to ask that question, but its done. my suggestion , get an axial wraith or yeti. either will allow you to pretty much go anywhere. they are well below your budget giving you money for other things like upgrades and better batteries. and welcome to rc sparks.