1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/10 Scale 18' Jet Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Build Projects' started by John Buzzard, Nov 19, 2017.

1. John Buzzard

John Buzzard New Member

Media:
    Hello,
    Fairly new to the Rc world and even newer to the whole forum thing.. Just wanted to share some pics of one of my projects. Boat measures about 22" long and 8.5" wide. I made the hull myself using fiberglass. Top is made out of thin aluminum. Running a 90A Dynamite Fuze ESC and had a 1/8 2000kv brushless motor but hoping a 3650 2450kv motor will work. Need to save all the weight that I can. Running 2 5000mAh 2S batteries in series for 4S total. Servo is just a micro Riorand SG90. Pump unit is homemade using black PVC pipe and a whole lot of Plastic Weld epoxy. I had a 2 blade prop that i customized to fit the housing snugger but kept snapping when i got on the rocks. Waiting on new 3 blades props now. Also with the new motor I installed a longer driveshaft for more sealing and better weight distribution. I was having a bad "porpoising" issue so ive also angled my pump down. The trailer its on is also homemade. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free. Hope you enjoy. Might try and add some videos soon.

mypuppers and Antho11 like this.
  2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    That’s super cool! You have some crazy building skills!

John Buzzard likes this.