1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/16 Brushless Upgrade

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by AvalanchMan, Mar 6, 2016.

1. AvalanchMan

AvalanchMan New Member

I have a question and need some advise. I have a brushed 1/16 Slash with the 550 can in it, I ordered a 380 Velineon brushless and VXL3M ESC. Is the 380 a direct bolt on replacement for the 550? It looks so much smaller and I don't think I'm going to get any power improvements. Has anyone done this? Any help would be great.

2. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Wow ... Didn't know the 550 can fitted in the 1/16 ....

If this was a 1/10 slash I would tell you that to fit the 380 sized motor you'll need an adapter plate as the screw holes don't line up, but as I thought the 380 can was standard on 1/16 I would have first thought that it would be a direct fitment.

Personally, if you have a 550 can on there I would get the 540 vxl setup...... Lots of ifs, buts and maybes here

3. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    hUh! You learn something everyday.

So with my 5 minute look at the chassi picture and the knowledge of the 1/16 380 brushless car at home I can tell you that you will probably need a new motor plate and also that grey alloy motor mount as they are 550 sized and your getting a smaller 380 brushless.

The 380vxl should support 4s too.

4. AvalanchMan

AvalanchMan New Member

The 550 in there does make it a wicked little beast but it's so top heavy now. Wanted to see how far I could push it. Might jut put the 380 in the baby Rally or SST and what that does.