1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/16th e revo grinding/no power under acceleration

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Chizzholm, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Chizzholm

Chizzholm New Member

Hey guys just picked up a used Erevo in a trade and I'm having issues with it... The guy said that it was making some grinding sounds and that it needed a new spur gear. So I replaced that (old one looked fine) put a 2s lipo in and there was nearly no power, when I get it a lot of throttle you just hear gears grinding and it doesn't go anywhere...

Could this be a improperly installed spur gear or the diffs? The rear seems to making a lot of noise.

Thanks ryan

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It sounds like your gear mesh might be too tight. I like to use the paper trick to set the mesh works well. Is the pinion in good condition? Is the spur gear you replaced the correct pitch? Is the pinion installed properly on the motor shaft? Is the spur gear turning?

#2 Antho11, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  3. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

First rule with used RCs strip'em down and check all moving parts and clean everything and re lube all of it. Check both diffs and the tranny first thing plastic gears in the tranny can shred as well if he beat it pretty hard diffs take a beating

4. DiamondDread

DiamondDread Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

dont know if these trucks have a slipper clutch or not but if thats super wore out wouldnt it just be constantly slipping

5. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Check out Squirrels used series on YouTube it's very helpful.