1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 speed crawler trans ?

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by crawlerdave, Mar 25, 2012.

1. crawlerdave

crawlerdave Banned

does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 2 spd crawler trans that has the ability to have gearing for crawing and be able to change to fast driving via dig servo and if there is such a thing is there one with a dig function also. just wondering as I'm building a custom built crawler/rock racer..lol.

2. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

The trans in the summit is 2 speed high and low. I also think rc4wd makes or carries something similar.

3. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

Im using the Emaxx/Summit 2 speed trans setup in my F650 build... low gear is about 70:1 and high is 25:1, i have my wired to my 3rd channel to run the servo to switch gears. Its all mounted using a Dinky RC Summit Transmission Cradle. The only other thing you have to keep in mind.. is the output drives for the Summit trans are 6MM, and the Axial diffs are 5MM so you need a 6mm to 5mm adapter to use stock axles.

4. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Tamiya Tundra high lift has a Three speed!

5. scoobyblue

scoobyblue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Man that sounds awesome, so if the axles need a reducer on 1 end. How did u do it bro. Im doin somethn similar in 1/5 scale rock racer. All tuber to. And have ordered a summit cradle. And summit box. Can I ask what axle set up u used man? Cos im running a mamba monster in it as well. So I think that would just rip a dig unit apart. I don av much accses to info from rc guys where im from as they all jus look at me like im an idiot. For wantn to build this monster. Aka rokdog named after me great dane lol itll be big mean powerfull and just beautifull to look at lol. So any insite would be fantastic man.

rc is no hobby its a disease

6. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

I bought my 6MM to 5MM adapters from RC4WD, mounted a Summit 775 Motor mount and im running a Kershaw Designs prepped Dewalt 14.4V 820 sized Drill motor for my power.. even on only 2S lipo it has enough torque to twist the entire chassis. I attached a few pictures here to show my setup on my F650.

Attached Files:

StefC74 likes this.
  7. crawlerdave

crawlerdave Banned

thx for the info and I will check out rc4wd .

8. crawlerdave

crawlerdave Banned

thx for the info and about the adapter sizes. going to use Gmade r1 axles so i will have to check out the output sizes, something I didnt think about...lol.

9. scoobyblue

scoobyblue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Crawler dave
    Man nice idea. But watch out. If u don no already, u will twist the and cork screw off the axle end with the r1 portal axles. Trust me. The drive axle that drives the 1st portal gear and the small out drive with dog bone end. Have a look in the forums ere and just search for gmade and r1 and there is a post from crawler nut and he explains what u need to do to beef up and actually get more turn from the axles.

Ive had this prob already. Portal axles are awesome I love em. But too much torq and there finished. Ill find the post for ya and if u av any qwerks jus pm me bud. And ill hook ya up
    With all the gmade boys ere as best I can.

Also there isa good section in rccrawler forums as well. There all great there too. But rc sparks is home to me lol
    rc is no hobby its a disease