1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited C/R Edition"

Discussion in 'Product Discussions' started by basher4life, Mar 26, 2014.

1. ax10crawler

ax10crawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Oh look and it has bigger flat irons.... Who remembers flat irons? They came on everything scx when I was getting started in the hobby. And I see they used up the icon licence. No metal bodied shocks on this one. Back to plastic. But u do get a cheap lightbar and more glue on rims and wait..... Licenced flat irons. Oh wait I mean bfgs. Come on axial stop re-releasing the same rig. The last improvement I've seen was the "wild boar" driveshafts. I mean I get it, stick with what sells, but I mean come on. The g6 kit that I built u had to trim the crossmember for the servo horn to fit. Wtf was that about?? And the g6 body is just the poison spyder body from the wraith. Bring back beadlocks !!!! Who remembers when those came stock in a box?

2. kelownaCRAWL

kelownaCRAWL Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i have on mine rtr axial dingo, they work great, no foams in the front and foams in the rear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]they work great, not cutting them and they are fonominal for what i do

3. kelownaCRAWL

ELiTE MEMBER

the the actuall flat irons are not the same as these new crap tires they make now, really hard compound so we need to buy new ones that are softer and replace the new ones

flat irons forever!!!

4. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

They are BFG tires which is one of my least favorites in the tire world. Time to change the tread patterns........it's also time to change the body mold at axial, needs to hit the refresh button.........

5. kelownaCRAWL

ELiTE MEMBER

yes please axial

6. CodeRedMD

CodeRedMD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would agree. I only became a Jeep fan cause of the axials, but now I have a few I would like to have some other type of bodies too. A chevy or ford would be sweet. ;)

7. chetmotox

chetmotox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Just so anyone serious about getting this doesn't get the wrong idea, it isn't that this is a bad rig, in fact it is an amazing RC. SCX10 rigs are some of the best, not only because they are fairly durable but also cause everyone and their mom makes aftermarket parts for them so they are limitless for customization.

And don't take my post about the LEDs as being bad, just wanting to point out what they are so someone doesn't get the wrong idea. I think they will be a decent aftermarket LED light bar for those guys wanting the look of the expensive light bar without the need for the function, we will just have to see what they are priced at (you can't get them right now, I asked Axial and they said the light bars will be available as aftermarket parts in about a month so be watching for them in May).

I think the overall feeling for this rig is that, yeah its another SCX10 product but its nothing new. If you like the light bars and graphics and can deal with the tires, then it might be worth the extra cost but ultimately, its nothing new. Its the same product line (SCX10) and the same body manufacture (Jeep), with only a couple add aftermarket parts.

So guys, its not a bad rig, its not something to steer clear of, or a rig with big problems, its just we want to see something new and refreshing from Axial. They are a great company who are capable of great innovations so I think we all expect more from them then a rework of a previous product. So Axial, if you happen to read this (which I doubt), look at what your customers are saying and take your expertise and give us something to actually be excited about.

BigTexan likes this.
  8. mlang1321

mlang1321 RIP Dad I'll always love you.
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks [MENTION=13213]chetmotox[/MENTION] the input is very appreciated. I've been on the fence about a new axial product. I think I'm going to just build from scratch something that I actually want and need.

9. chetmotox

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    No problem man. I just wanted everyone to see what the LEDs were before they bought it cause at first I was fooled then I started to look into it more and didn't want anyone to be disappointed. By no means is it a bad rig but instead of spending the extra money, I would buy the SCX10 Unlimited Kit Axial Racing - SCX10™ 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit and then get the lights I want, tires I want, electronics I want, graphics I want, etc.

Like I said, and I can't stress this enough, its not a bad rig, its just the same old thing with some flashy new parts that in my opinion aren't worth the extra money unless you really want them.

10. mlang1321

ELiTE MEMBER

I understand completely, I think Axial make excellent vehicles but I would rather have an honest opinion from someone.

11. david1234567

david1234567 New Member

Ya axial is taking the whole jeep way to far now they should make a different chassis like the scx10 but better just my opinion they can do better I would want to pay some more for a nice truck that I would really want. HEY BUT THATS MY OPINION JUST SAYING. a truck like this would be cool [​IMG][​IMG]

12. mlang1321

ELiTE MEMBER

So true [MENTION=20249]david1234567[/MENTION] I hope some day they will come out with a hard body option with truck bodies like a Chevy or GMC truck or maybe a ford.

13. Daximus

Daximus Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

They need to get some of their gnomes or elves, or hire some of Santa's toy makers and start producing the Exo Terra Buggy again...and if not they need to take the &^#$@ thing off their website and stop teasing me.

/rant

14. david1234567

david1234567 New Member

They have the ability and stuff they should get started :x_x:

15. chetmotox

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm not saying it won't happen but I highly doubt that Axial will get into hard bodies. Main reason is cause it is more expensive and also, when you look across the board of RC hobbyists, almost half end up with an aftermarket body anyways so if they do that, then the RCs will go up probably another $100 and most addicts like to have something unique anyways. I mean, if Axial came out with a SCX10 with a hard body Chevy tomorrow, yeah for the next 6 months everyone would be running it but once it became the norm, most guys would be switching out the body to make it more unique anyways. Axial is in it for the hobby but also to make money so they aren't going to do something that doesn't make financial sense.

Here is what I would like to see from Axial and I think, in my opinion, it would be something new and something that would capture a market nobody has capitalized on and it would be profitable. I think Axial needs to take the SCX10 frame, rework the shock mounts so 110mm shocks would work, do up some paddle tires on some 2.2 rims (mostly because 2.2 paddles are about the same size as 1.9 tires), do some slight upgrades to the drive train and put in their Vanguard Brushless system (A Castle system they rebranded as their own). Then make up a F'OFF inspired body and boom, same basic frame structure so still easily upgradeable right off the line, yet a new branch of RC nobody has tapped into from the factory. Make up an RTR and a Kit and you have a completely new feel for the SCX10. It would have some wicked suspension and power and look sweet and I feel like F'OFF is really taking off in the RC world so why not have a kit or rtr set up from the factory for guys who want to do that.

I just think Axial would do way better with something like this than trying to make a hard body version cause we ADDiCTs like our individuality and we like to upgrade things the way we want. So to make an RC that fits me perfectly isn't going to fit anyone else, so in my opinion, they just need to try and work out another "base rig" that has a new feel to it.

16. skedhead

skedhead Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Holy cow what the heckaroo.... I thought I started this forum but now it is saying that basher4life did even though I did? So what the heck

17. kelownaCRAWL

ELiTE MEMBER

????????????/
    huh.....

18. skedhead

ELiTE MEMBER

I started this forum so did 2 different forums get joined together or what? Or what because I am 100% positive that I started this forum

19. kelownaCRAWL

ELiTE MEMBER

people can join as many forums as they like , so people are joining the forums from different forums

20. skedhead

ELiTE MEMBER

how do you do that?