1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 losi 5ive t avc 29cc

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by ReedT, May 6, 2016.

1. ReedT

ReedT New Member

Hi guys I am wondering if I can use any 2 stroke oil or does it matter?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Yes you can, I used bel ray h1r and it smelled delightful with my old 5b clone, but truthfully valvoline multi use two stroke oil is probs good. you can use any 2 stroke oil you like just stay away from the super cheap stuff. You could run Klotz and that would smell wonderful lol. I am too crazy of a 2 stroke guy haha well I own a KTM 200 so lol

ReedT likes this.
  3. ReedT

ReedT New Member

Ok great thanks buddy.

4. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    the manual also says to mix 25:1 gas oil mix, well that is what mine said anyways. As it came with a little mixing gas jug. I bet your happy to get this thing:) a losi 5t would be like my dream rc lol. But what is true, is these motors are nothing more than high compression weed wacker motors, well they are very closly based:D So that is why I assumed the oil would be similar.

#4 Spence123, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  5. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Check your owners manual for specific Oil needs .. If it just says 2 stroke then its open to interpretation

6. Mike_C

Mike_C New Member

buy a 2 stroke oil for motorcycles only. klotz screws the top of the piston up, to much carbon build up in the cyl, yamalube, Honda, or any racing 2 stroke oil is good, remember the quality of the fuel and the oil make the difference night and day....