1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2WD Slash motor

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by philmil, May 5, 2013.

1. philmil

philmil New Member

Well I just burned the stock motor for my 2WD Slash. I am trying to get some suggestions on what would be a good motor to go too? I am thinking about sticking with a brushed motor just do I can save some money right now so I don't really have to upgrade my ESC. right now i am using the XL-5 traxxas ESC. Any recommendations?

2. memphis m3z

memphis m3z Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Wow you must have put that motor through hell lol. I thought I was rough on my motors and trucks but I have yet to burn/blow my titan 12t but if I were you I would stick with that motor or something close because they're cheap like $15-20 or something like that

3. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

If you want to stick with brushed go get another 12T same as the stock one its pretty durable and fast motor. But when youre ready to step up to brushless look at the Castle Creations SV3 its waterproof and only $120. on Ebay and towerhobbies.com Or you can get the Duratrax Element (rebranded SV2) not waterproof but you can make it waterproof for about $6 and a little time and patience.

4. racehawk97

racehawk97 New Member

traxxas slash 2wd stock motor

The first motor in my slash lasted for about 5 months I think this was like 4 years ago. I went through about 6 motors in 2 years 8.4v 5000mah NiMH. It tears up that motor plus I kinda run my trucks hard. The stock motor is good though. It was too fast for me at first.

5. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just wait till you put a brushless motor in it! After my first brushless Ill never go back to a brushed motor!