1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2wd slash upgrade time!!!!

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by jenkins23, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Here are those pics as promised sorry it took a little longer then I had wanted but better late then never.

The first pic is of the STRC aluminum front and rear skid plates, and front an rear A-Arms.
    image.jpg
    Next is the golden horizons aluminum gear box
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    And last is the Hitec high speed digital mg servo
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

Well order number 2 has arrived!!!
    I just installed everything last night and it was about 3am by the time I finished. Hahaha funny how you don't get tired when installing new parts and upgrades on your RC!!
    Well time to get to the point and stop rambling.

I recently ordered and purchased STRC Aluminum front and rear shock towers, front bulkhead, and motor guard, all in blue aluminum. Here's a few pics
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#22 jenkins23, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. AllanRC

AllanRC New Member

Nice job man when I finish the slash 4x4 we will have to find a spot to give them a good run lol

4. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

Definitely man. What a difference with the paddle tires lol

5. RyukuRC

RyukuRC New Member

Hello! I'm a new Slash owner (since Christmas) and am loving it. Have run it about 7 times since I opened it, and today, ran it in some hard snow crawler style. I like how easy the Slash is to control. I have the F-150 Raptor version as well. I currently have just one upgrade of going to 3300mah 30C 2S lipo. I am so surprised because I get well over an hour run time! It's really cool. Today I also went trailing with the truck all the way through about close to a 5 mile trail and then back to the parking lot, roughly another 5 miles back, taking about 2 hours by the time I got back. My voltage was still at 3.8V per cell at the end of the run! I could have gone much longer, probably because I was going most of the trail crawler style and not even at half throttle, but still pretty darn long. I am loving the truck a lot!
    I really like this thread and all the upgrades you all did to your slashes. Jenkins, I really like your matching color upgrades. I am really digging the dark blue, I might just copy you whenever I want to upgrade it. It won't be for a while because I really like this truck stock. I'll probably leave it stock until the electronics give up on me. Anyways, thank you guys for giving me many ideas and insights on what kind of upgrades you can do to this awesome truck, which seems to be an endless variety!

6. kelownaCRAWL

kelownaCRAWL Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Stuf that I have that I think that you should get..okay to start off if you are a basher get proline trenchers mounted and if you are a racer get proline calibers medium compond, okay now for real upgrades, proline transmission, it performs amazing, proline protrac suspension kit and a proline drive shaft kit , and also stainless steel screws so no more rusty screws. And also keep you traxxas steering blocks and get r
    Rpm caster blocks cause if you use all plastic steering caster blocks it will be to weak and flexy if you keep your all metal on metal setup it will not be supported enough so get rpm caster blocks amd keep your metal steering blocks it will be the perfect setup. So yeah hope this helps on upgrades

7. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks a lot man I appreciate the compliments. I just wanted to let you know this was all the same truck. I started off by upgrading the plastic to all RPM products because their plastic is much heavier and stronger then the stock stuff, even though the stock stuff is pretty damn tuff. Once I upgraded those I upgraded all the toe links to TRAXXAS aluminum. After running it for a while I came across the STRC aluminum products which are amazing and not too pricey. I went with aluminum a-arms because the proline ones are plastic and I wanted the best of both worlds, I'm a basher but I like to race too. As far as tires go it all depends on your running surface, I live on pei and we have red soil which gets very dry and sandy when packed down. So what might work for you might not for me. I run proline trencher on and off the track cause their amazing when you need more traction and with a 6900kv brushless system I need all I can get. Haha the proline transmission is awesome but only for racing! There is a plastic gear in that tranny and if your bashing it won't hold up long. A friend if mine proved that twice right in front of me lol but you can't touch them on the track. I ultimately decided to go all aluminum because of durability and I know it can run with the big dogs on the track if I decide to go race for the day. Hope this helps, if you ever have a question just shoot me a pm an I will be gla to help however I can.
    In the end, it all comes down to what kind of driving your going to be doing and how much you are willing to spend on upgrades. RPM has amazing products for just a course more bucks then the stock parts but STRC has aluminum for cheaper then most other companies and the aluminum is very thick and heavy duty.

#27 jenkins23, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  8. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

Well I thought the upgrading was all done.........but I was wrong! I have,since the last update post, purchased the LCG kit from STRC, along with a new black TRAXXAS rustler chassis and toplate, an aluminum and steel front bumper from integy, a castle creations mamba max esc with a 10amp bec and a 10.5turn thunder power brushless sensored motor.
    With these last couple upgrades this truck is a race ready beast!!! I'm running TRAXXAS beadlocks now as well with weighted rings all around. With the slower sensored motor, STRC LCG kit, and heavier rims this truck handles unbelievable in the corners, straight and true off the jumps, and still flys down the straights.
    This was a long and trying upgrade build, but I'm actually thinking I'm done of this project, hahaha unless I can find a matching integy aluminum rear bumper hehehehe oh and if your truck gets hit with my truck, guess who gets hurt mohahahahahahahahaha!

Will get some pics uploaded sometime today when I get home from the track with my 2 boys