1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2wd slash upgrades

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by robbie1348, Nov 14, 2012.

1. robbie1348

robbie1348 New Member

hey so i just got my brand new traxxas slash 2wd. and well i was wondering if there was a kit i could buy to make it 4wd. please tell me. thanks

2. Moose

Moose Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

No kit that I know of. if you want to make it 4WD it would be cheaper to go and buy one. the only way I could think of it would be to add another motor and trasmission and slap it on the front. it would be a lot of custom work.

3. badmonkey269

badmonkey269 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

and to add to what moose is saying there is alot of proline add ons to just make your 2wd one hell of a racer though the 4x4 part ya it would be way better to just get a 4x4.but like i said proline can turn that rig into a sweet racer.go to proline.com and type in slash 2wd part and see alot pop up. :)

4. Moose

ELiTE MEMBER

I have a build thread in the short course section and my truck for the most part is a proline truck. 2wd slash with the proline pro track kit and power stroke shocks.

Sent from my piece of junk Android phone. Please excuse typos and spelling.

5. robbie1348

robbie1348 New Member

thanks. i got 2wd because i thought i could do everything a 4wd could but sadly i cant

6. robbie1348

robbie1348 New Member

hey so im looking to upgrade this thing and i was wondering what non traxxas upgrades were available for the truck including motor servo tires shocks springs bodies shafts and everything else

7. Moose

ELiTE MEMBER

Its traxxas there are tons of parts too many to list. If you want to change something on your truck there is a replacement part out there for it. You could build a complete Slash out of third party parts if you wanted to, I did there is even a build thread about it in the short course section.

A few brands to start your search would be: STRC, Hot Racing, Proline racing, Integy, RPM, and MIP.

8. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

And a very inspiring build it is Moose :) RPM is one of the best parts dealers for the Slash very durable.

9. robbie1348

robbie1348 New Member

thanks i will

10. EvaderKMP

EvaderKMP Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The 2wd slash is still a blast! Gotta go brushless LiPo powered though...I am looking to get some upgrades for the drivetrain...hardend outdrives, and cvd's.

11. robbie1348

robbie1348 New Member

I've got to know the slash really well and enjoy it alot. it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I am looking into upgrading the motor and battery to a brushless and lipo. I know from watching RCadventures that Tekin makes some pretty good brushless motors. I am looking to get a combo from somewhere though instead of buying everything seperate. here is what i've found. . I have used this sight many times they are great and deliver everywhere. I chatted with a Traxxas Representative and an RCPLANET Representative and they both confirmed that this setup will work in my truck. so please keep that in mind that whatever you suggest needs to be able to work in a Traxxas Slash 2wd. Thanks

12. xtelpnt

xtelpnt New Member

Check on Ebay for a slash 4x4 roller. That is how I upgraded mine this way got it for about $180. For a brushless set up the Traxxas vxl is nice and waterproof I haven't had to any problems with it so far. Hoped this helped and dont forget to waterproof if you are running in the snow.

13. robbie1348

robbie1348 New Member

thanks man thats a good idea. cant believe that i didnt think of that. im not in a huge rush to upgrade it so ill spend some time hunting for a good deal on a roller then go from there, but for now i am satisfied with the truck.