1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4tec Ford GT from Traxxas

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by xSpeedyMonkeyx, Feb 7, 2017.

1. xSpeedyMonkeyx

xSpeedyMonkeyx Active Member

Media:
    Alright, so I want to try out on-road rc's and I know very little about them. Who makes the best, what I should look for in one and so on.
    So at that point I had my eye on the to be released Ford GT from Traxxas. Around 300 bucks seems steep for what I'm seeing, but maybe I'm dead wrong. My first impulse would be go brushless with it. So that immediately makes this about $400.
    What do y'all look for in on-road rc's? Is the Ford GT not as overpriced as I feel it is?

2. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Antho11 likes this.
  3. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have the Team Associated Apex like @RustWrench mentioned and it's a great car. It's super fast on 3s and more than I can handle on my bad roads. It's super tough too, I've driven it into the sidewalk multiple times because of losing control and it survived. The chassis was actually used as a 1/10 scale buggy chassis for an older rc which makes it very durable. It also has metal diffs and spider gears which make them super strong. The stock tires are okay but that's how RTR tires usually are. It's also the best deal you can get for the price. The other companies at that price have more plastic or don't have a brushless system. My only problem was that the body holes weren't aligned from the factory so my body is not lined up nicely. Also sometimes pebbles get stuck in between the pinion and spur gear, I made a cover to prevent this and it helps. Last thing the faux brake caliper rub on the disc if not aligned properly, you can fix it by adjusting the screw. Overall it's an awesome fast car!

RustyWrench likes this.
  4. AB_Buggy

AB_Buggy Member

Love the look on these GT's. I'm going to keep an eye out and hope there will be some sales over the Christmas holidays. Going to have to pick one up.

5. AB_Buggy

AB_Buggy Member

I went to pick up a new battery and ended up with a Traxxas Ford GT. Put the Castle 3800kv and esc in it...I am not going to lie. Turn down the tsm and this thing is a boatload of fun!