1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

55T in my axial wraith spawn,need some help with gearing ! Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Motors & Transmissions' started by RockECwawler, Jun 24, 2016.

1. RockECwawler

RockECwawler New Member

55T motor in my axial wraith spawn,like the torque but need a little more ground speed,any suggestions?

2. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You can push the gearing up while keeping an eye on motor temps. Also 3S if your not running it already.

Get a base line temp on your motor and grab a bunch of pinions. Start low and move up till your happy and your motor is too

Sent from my XT1575

mudholestomper likes this.
  3. mudholestomper

mudholestomper Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I'd rather give your truck a HUGE increase in performance, power handling, and adjustability and install a decent sensored brushless system in it - perhaps a HobbyWing with a 13.5t/2500kv motor

If you do that, you can do everything you currently do, but you'll have more wheel speed than you could want (if you decide to use it), program it to creep and crawl as well as the brushed setup, and run it reliably on 3S

I'm just sayin'

Sent from my latest, greatest, better-than-what-you've-got, Cupertino-based, handheld Apple supercomputer

4. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Drop a 35T motor into it. You will have an increase in Wheel speed yet still retain enough torque for crawling.. and wont cost you an arm and a leg..
    Snow Panther, Integy, Hackmoto and RC4WD all have rebuildable 35T motors for under $50

mudholestomper and Monkeypiarat like this.
  5. mudholestomper

ELiTE MEMBER

I can't disagree with this idea if you want to stay with brushed - I created a trail truck out of my Losi Nightcrawler and, before I couldn't resist the brushless speed needed to make a Nightcrawler interesting between obstacles, I ran a Hackmoto 35t brushed motor on 2S and was really happy with the quality of what is a mass-produced motor - it was very nice at crawling speeds and was built right, properly shimmed, spun smoothly, was really well-balanced, had a really true comm that wore the brushes very evenly, and the bearings were very smooth

Sent from my latest, greatest, better-than-what-you've-got, Cupertino-based, handheld Apple supercomputer

Magnat007 likes this.
  6. mudholestomper

ELiTE MEMBER

What motor do you currently have? - while my 35t Hackmoto is properly used up, I have an unused 55t Hackmoto motor that has been broken in but is unused besides that

If you're currently running a worn out factory motor, this motor will certainly perk up your truck - it's also rated to handle 3S and ran cool and happy in my Nightcrawler during break in (and Nightcrawlers are notorious for having lots of drag and drawing amps)

The motor is the V2 version, is in its factory packaging with 12ga Tekin leads attached - here's the specs from yeah racing:

Yeah Racing Hackmoto V2 55T 540 Brushed Motor MT-0016

Part # MT-0016

This Yeah Racing Hackmoto V2 Modified brushed motor series are high performance 540 motors designed exqusitivly for competitive RC usage.
    Hackmoto V2 featured premium quality material with high strength magnets for unmatched brushed motor speed and torque. Beside of its performance, the motor featured direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options. It is also designed to be rebuildable with an easily accessible commutator and replaceable brushes and springs. The motor also adapted dual-ball bearings design yields better performance, allowing a smooth ride, precise control with best possible efficiency.

Feature:
    Size: 540
    For: 1/10 RC Car
    Color: Black
    Rebuildable with an easily accessible commutator and replaceable brushes and springs
    High strength magnets for unmatched brush-motor performance
    Specifically designed for R/C vehicles that require precise movement control
    Excellent torque and long-run times
    Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs for flexible soldering options
    Dual-ball Bearings Design

Specification:
    Length: 70mm
    Width: 36mm
    Shaft: 3mm
    Turn: 55
    Input Voltage: 7.4v
    Max. Input Voltage: 11.1V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They sell on eBay for about $20-$25 after shipping, but I'd be willing to sell it to you for $15, shipped free to the lower 48, from Texas

Let me know if you're interested and moderators, if I am doing something that is not in line with proper decorum, please correct me so I can learn the proper procedures

#6 mudholestomper, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016