1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple new project planes...

Discussion in 'Aircraft Build Projects' started by Beastmanh, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just picked up a couple planes that I'll be working on... Thought I'd post a couple pics. Please excuse the mess lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nice! I love the Cap 232. That was one of my first stunt planes about 10 years ago. my dad spent all winter building it. Still have it. Great machine. Iv never flown a Katana but I hear there early good. You'll have a blast with these two

3. Beastmanh

ELiTE MEMBER

Just a quick update. I never started on the cap232, but I fully built the yellow katana. It flies GREAT! I have been practicing some 3D stuff with it. Lately I've been working on pop tops. It rides high alpha knife edges ROCK SOLID! I mean I can fly them one handed.. don't even have to touch the right stick... Just throttle and rudder. I half wrecked it a couple months back and demolished both wings from 50% out, and have rebuilt them by hand. Still flies great. I'll see if I can get a couple pics of the repair job.

4. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Love planes, never flown. Will be getting my first plane when I can afford. It. Your planes look very cool.

5. Beastmanh

ELiTE MEMBER

You won't regret it Dribble! Well... once you stop wrecking as much, THEN you wont regret it :D The key is to buy an easy to fly, and easy to REPAIR plane, to start with. That makes it a lot less stressfull when you are starting out. I started out with a hobbyzone supercub, which is great for starters, but I have since found an even better plane for beginners. The AXN clouds fly, floater jet from hobby king. So easy to fly, and extremely long flight times. Here is a link in case anyone is interested: HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : AXN Floater-Jet w/ Servo, Motor, ESC (EPO) PNF

Best beginning plane on the market IMO, and also very affordable. That plane and a turnigy 9x radio (also from hobbyking) and you are airborne!

6. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Ya I have been hearing that lots actually. Been talking to lots of people about flying as I want to get into it. Funny you mention that plane pretty close to the one I have been looking at.

I have actually been looking at this one.

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Hobbyking Bixler EPO 1400mm (RTF Mode 2 Throttle Left Radio)

I'm sure I will be getting lots of tips and advice from all the flyers on here and FB. I will be filming me learning to fly right from the time I open the box lol