1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding lights to scx10 honcho?

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by krusty1, Mar 10, 2013.

1. krusty1

krusty1 New Member

Hi guys. first thread:graffiti:
    Well i have bought another 10 white leds for the front and roof (2x sets of a string of 5) and 2 more red leds for the rear. now can i wire them in parallel with the existing lights on the scx? or will i have to do it another way?

Thanks

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

The stock Axial light controller will run 4 white and maybe 6 white up front, but The rear will usually only run 2 red out back.
    I would say you will have to upgrade from stock to run that many lights.

3. krusty1

krusty1 New Member

Ok so anyone out there know of a controler to run off the onboard battery and transmitter controled on/off? or even how to custom make one?

4. armyscxkevin

armyscxkevin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Axial makes a nvs system that you can ad it come with 2 pairs of signal light, 1 set of 2 white for the front, 1 set of red for the rear, and a set of 5 LEDs for bumper or light bar. The nvs auxiliary port can only hand sets of 2 except one port which is for the 5 led set. I used the stock led controller for my bumper lights (2 red at the back 4 white up front) and than the nvs for everything else. If you do get the axial nvs to mount it on your body in a way the the ports for the lights is facing down or on a angle so the water can drain out the circuit board is hard to waterproof as it is a 2 piece unit.