1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admiral nqd boat help.

Discussion in 'Subs & Warships' started by scoobyblue, Mar 27, 2012.

1. scoobyblue

scoobyblue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hi guys, I have myself a nqd 40 inch admiral boat, cheap toy grade. Plastic.
    I don wana run wiyh the big boys but id like to set it up properly. Its got twin 550s and a stok toy grade esc system and reciever n trans.
    Id like to go say a medium grade brushless set up. I am lookn at turnigy esc and brushless marine motors from hobbyking. And I need to set up a rudder set up on it. It went for a dive a while ago so now its a good time to up the anti a lil bit. I need a great deal of speed. But I could swim faster that it. (and I doggy paddle. Lmao) so any ideas any advice, or tell me im blown hot air lol either way. Its jus for fun and I need to keep it a low cost. Lol if thats ever possible lol. Oh and its plastic so I no ill need to beef her up a lil with some glass. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

rc is no hobby its a disease

2. imjimbo

imjimbo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

mate its definatly a do able project but the abs plastic does not like to be modified much you havw to ditch the whole lot im afraid ... drive shafts props stock electrics ... even a mild 2s set up will make you swim if you dont have a rescue boat . have a look at a fiberglass boat the apparation and genisis are good examples cheap bang for buck and way more reliable driveline ... besides you need 2 motoes 2 esc 2 lipo there is 200$ for a mid range one of the above boats would only be 300
    check out the vid of my genisis with stock drive line 440 prop and a leapord 4082 it does 80kmh all day long

3. scoobyblue

ELiTE MEMBER

Awh nuts, oh well, I been lookn at the genisis for a while, but found alot of reviews on it but not many had a good thing to say. But I no jus a hull to start with is the go. Was lookn at a ntn600 frm hobbyking but again not many good reviews. In time ill get a good 1. I jus cant remember what the hull is called, its on the laptop. And the ex has it and thats a fight on its own. Could u send me a link to see ya vid man, of um let me no the post its on bud. Be awesome to chek it out. And if ya like ill sub to ya channel too lol

4. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

:whisper:
    HEY, Scooby......... check this site out for hulls too!!! cheap!!!
    i got one coming, so i'll be able to tell ya if they are and good!!
    R2Hobbies
    got just hulls, almost ready to run, and ready to runs
    clicks on the boat tab on the left hand side and select!!! i found the site a bit hard to navigate to start with, but you'll get used to it!!!

5. scoobyblue

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks greenie, awesome bud.

6. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

no worries
    got some of the "Eupgel" motor and ESC's coming for two projects, so if they any good i'll let you know, only cheap, but not going for the top of the line boats!!! LOL!!!! just want them to go!!!! LOL!!!!

7. scoobyblue

ELiTE MEMBER

Thats it man go hard or go home ey lol. I no wat u mean to. If it dont cost much an fun while it lasts then its worth it lol

8. jeremy878785

jeremy878785 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

9. scoobyblue

ELiTE MEMBER

A bit small for me. Want fast for sure but the weight that length give u in the water makes em more stable. Thats for my taste anyways

10. mypuppers

mypuppers Member

i thought about gettin one to mod. some plastic boats go pretty fast. i think i would go single flex drive in the center and an aluminum rudder. i think this hull would handle 30 mph. just fast enough to keep her interesting. i might still try it out. what did you end up doing with your hull?