1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone still running the traxxas nitro vee? my new project the General Vee

Discussion in 'Boat Build Projects' started by rickyt11010, Apr 5, 2017.

1. rickyt11010

rickyt11010 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    i think my problem is basic transmitters lol. i tried with my proboat dsm transmitter no go, my tactic fhss transmitter no go, and my redcat what ever the hell they use transmitter and it was a bust too. they all work fine on anything electric just not when you put a servo into that that throttle position. trying to set up a trade in my boat club for a more advanced transmitter. i have a couple of really nice futaba radios but they arnt 2.4 and they are for air use anyway. id personally like to get a futaba 3PV but at this point id settle for anything i just need a better radio to cut down on how many radios i drag with me to the pond when i go out lol. putting up my rtr aquacraft miss seattle as the trade so what ever i get offered better be worth it lol. it is one of my favorite boats

Antho11 likes this.
  2. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Got some work done last night but not much just some sanding and got the new u-joint installed. Unfortunately for me one of the grub screws in the old u-joint was stripped and has been in there since 2001. Of course being being between moves I can't find a single one of my tools so I had to hand file the old joint down to where the grub screw finally fell out. But it's done and after that I gave up for the night [​IMG]

Sent from my glade plugin air freshener using the interballs

Antho11 and sweet rc like this.
  3. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well I jumped the gun a little I figured this boat doesn't need to be perfect and what I really want is a shockwave 36 anyway so I finished up the body work I care about and started laying paint.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tombsy, Antho11 and sweet rc like this.
  4. sweet rc

sweet rc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Man, That is nice!! Just needs a little detail in the cabin and you should be good

Antho11 and rickyt11010 like this.
  5. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Originally there was a engine cover there with people molded into it I want to try and find one

sweet rc likes this.
  6. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well got the boat on the water Sunday. Still leaking 90% sure it's coming in from the driveshaft tube. Will probably delete the self lubricating system and switch over to grease to see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately by the time I had someone show up who could get a running video of the boat the receiver had gotten wet and decided it wasn't going to work anymore but I did get a quick video of my brushless impulse 26 to share. [​IMG]

#26 rickyt11010, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Antho11 and sweet rc like this.
  7. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    That Impulse is fast! Are you running 6s?

rickyt11010 likes this.
  8. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Just 3s but 3900kv. I do run 2 2200mah packs in parallel though so it stays 3s but I get 4400mah and a much better balanced boat then if I ran a single pack [​IMG]

Antho11 and CalebTheRCguy like this.
  9. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    going to take the boat out again this weekend this time with the self lubricating disconnected and the shaft greased out the ass see if i cant get any better results or at least slow down the leak. right now i can get a good 4-5 min run before i have to bring it in and drain the water.

sweet rc and CalebTheRCguy like this.
  10. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    well another weekend went but that i didnt get any good running video of this boat. still leaks still cant find from where but i did have a major cooling issue with it this time. shockingly low temps in my little area of PA made the old trx .15 not to happy didnt run very well at all then im pretty sure my cooling lines have called it quits and have gone completely. over heated the boat twice. About the only thing i got done this weekend that was productive with this boat was name it. Due to its bright orange color it has now been deemed the "General Vee". looking into a 1/10th or 1/8th set of general lee decals for it now to complete the look. I did manage to get enough running video of my impulse to put together my first real edited youtube video so here it is for you all to enjoy.

sweet rc and CalebTheRCguy like this.
  11. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    here is a video my buddy managed to get of the General Vee running. it was about 46 degrees out and raining. very cold and it was not happy at all with it. you can really hear how sluggish it was running. next time its warm and i replace the cooling lines ill get it back on the water till then ill be leak hunting.

sweet rc likes this.
  12. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    quick update have a 6 foot section of water cooling line on order to get this thing back up an running. i do have some automotive grade hose that fits but the inner diameter is a little small. im sure it would hold up great but i dont think id get enough flow out of it. also looking into converting to strut and rudder. should make it turn a much better

sweet rc likes this.
  13. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    finally have some video of the General Vee running thanks to my buddy Eric. still working out kinks going to convert it to strut and rudder soon enough the current steerable outdrive makes it very touchy. this video is from sunday just a general running video from the day. did a lot of sailing that day. sailboats are quickly becoming a big deal for me. i need a bigger one so mine doesnt look so puny compaired to my buddies 30inch thundertiger victoria. first boat is my impulse 26. the gnereal vee comes in at about a 1:48 in. the second video is just some general sailboat running taken by my buddy. we eventually ran thos sail boats for over an hour straight.

#33 rickyt11010, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    CalebTheRCguy likes this.
  14. CalebTheRCguy

CalebTheRCguy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Awesome boat dude! I got a Traxxas Villan IV that I'm hoping to get running this summer.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4 using Tapatalk

rickyt11010 likes this.
  15. rickyt11010

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    sweet ive been thinking about picking up a villan myself just for a cruising boat but after my sailing experience i want to pick up a bigger sail boat lol looking at the aquacraft paradise.