1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the skate park today...

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by RustyWrench, Feb 23, 2013.

1. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    My son and I went to the Lions Park Skate Park in PoCo today with his SC10 the trailer and our XXXS Drifter, with the intention of jumping his truck and I was going to practice some drifting... A herd of teens rode up on there bikes and told me in a not so nice fashion that if we get our RC's in their way they would run them over... I told them that we have just as much right here as they do... Well we ran for a couple of minutes and they keept coming over to where we were... Riding inches away from our RC's... Like they were trying to run them over... So we moved to a different area where they were not riding...

Well they decided to ride where we were again, so I said hey do you guys mind, we are trying to stay out of your way... I was told again that they were riding here and that my son and I best leave before something happens... So we hung out for a few more minutes, and I decided that instead of getting into an altercation, we would just leave... We went out to have fun, not to get into a fist fight, I'm choked, I plan on going back tomorrow with out my son, then we will see what happens...

Dean

#1 RustyWrench, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    MAD MIKE Industries likes this.
  2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

report them to the police

3. SamsRC4U

SamsRC4U Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I grew up skateboarding. We didn't have parks until the mid 90's. We got hassled by everyone back then. It sucks that the skaters & bikers don't remember when these activities (sports) were truly frowned upon. I was spat on once. All we wished for back then was to have places to skate & ride without being hassled. It sucks these kids can't share what the town & state has provided for the community. Man do I sound old. Keep going back to the park.

4. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    For what they had not done anything illegal...

Well it's raining hard so I guess I wont be going back there today...

Dean

5. KyBlue

KyBlue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hate to say this but there really isn't much you can do ... the police can talk to them but beyond that ... If they are young enough you might have luck talking with the parents, especially if you could get some video of their behavior but ... today parents just don't treat their kids (for a large part) the way they should discipline wise...

Sorry I don't have anything really helpful to suggest ... Good Luck!

6. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Harassment is a crime

7. stealth

stealth Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i a a similar situation thees boys told me that a cant take my savage flux on the ramps but my mates wanted me to so i drove it up the ramps and stuff and if they got in my way on purpose i would simply just keep on driving towards them-in my defence for this one of them picked up my truck and threw off the ramps and out the skate park. i would tell them buys that they don't own the skate park there for you have the same rights as they do.

8. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Lol, tempting to put in a 3s lipo, gear it up 26 tooth pinion, we had that truck clocked at 58.6 MPH with that combo... Then aim for them, run them over...lol... I guarantee you it would hurt to get hit by our SC10 at 50 plus MPH... Specially if it had sharp edges, for some strange reason... Fun to think about but I would never do that...

Dean

#8 RustyWrench, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  9. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sounds like some punks need a beatin, sucks its a jailable offense, some people just need one. Next time take a camera and get a vid of them telling you to go away before "something" happens because that's not just harassment it's a threat and the cops would or at least should do something about that especially if your son is with you.

10. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

i'm going to be completely honest, I am an avid skateboarder i take it seriously as well as have fun with it, we just got a skatepark last summer and when i want to go skate, i don't want an rc car getting in my way on the park, skateparks are SKATEparks, there is a such thing as skatepark etiquette that only seasoned skaters or bikers will understand because they see the skatepark from a SKATER or BIKERS perspective which is the way its meant to be looked at which takes up a lot more area than what someone would focus on using an rc on a skatepark, i only take my rc car there when nobody is skating. i love rc cars but when it comes to skateparks, that's something that boils my blood when i'm trying to skateboard... we have an rc track in the next town over, that's where i take my rc to have fun, there's woods and other obstacles that i can find for my wraith... i don't run any rc's in the road without realizing that there is a risk that a car is going to run it over which is why i tend to stay off roads... same applies with skateparks

#10 Vandekieft77, Feb 24, 2013
  11. scxrunner

scxrunner Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I could see that if the skaters/bikers built the part with their own funds. More than likely the park was built with the taxpayers money. If they paid for it then yes its their park. I'm guessing it was payed with the taxpayers money and was built for the communities enjoyment. Therefore he has every right to be there.

#11 scxrunner, Feb 24, 2013
  12. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

it was built because there was over $100,000 in damage done because bikers and skaters had nowhere to do what we loved to do, so for that whole summer, skateboarders and bikers got fines for trick riding and their equipment was taken. when they realized that wasn't working a committee was formed that i was apart of to build the skatepark. none of the money came from taxes, it came from fundraising. i had my skateboard confiscated because i was having fun the way i did when i was growing up... i'm not trying to sound cranky, but when skaters and bikers start getting p.o.'d because kids think its a playground and people are taking their rc's there and let their dogs crap all over and spill pop and make the ground sticky... it will all just go back to skateboarders and bikers being "punks" and causing damage to the rest of the community...

13. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Well like i said though. I was just guessing. I know here where i am the park was paid with tax money. I have no clue how the park he went to was paid for but it wasnt built just for them and only them. It was built for everyone. And again. Just going off how it is here. we all know every place is different. I know if i went to my community park to run my rc and someone did that to me. Id just go there more.

14. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

On a side not im in no way arguing or trying to start an argument. Lol

15. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

well like i said, you don't play with your rc in the street without knowing there's a risk of getting run over... i'll readily accept an rc at the skatepark but you can bet that if it gets in my way its not my problem

16. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would like to know when threatening people became part of skate etiquette, any of the skaters and bikers I know would've smacked these kids the the back of the head for wrecking their reputations. The skaters and bikers in my area have busted their asses to get rid of the "punk" rep. And the kind of crap these kids pulled just wasn't right even if the rc's were in the way.

#16 Mowgli, Feb 24, 2013
  17. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

I ran my rustler up and down my road. Not many cars :D but id love to see someone purposely try and run my truck over like they did to his. And he was trying to stay out of their way. Ik id come back with my 1/5 scale and aim for ankles.

18. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

for the record: skateparks are purpose built paved terrain parks for skateboards, freestyle bicycles and freestyle skates. sure its a park and its a place for the whole community to enjoy, but you don't run an rc car on a basketball court or a football field when its being used. these action sports are looked down upon because they cause damage. i will agree that those kids didn't have a right to say those things, but he's lucky that they didn't actually accidentally hit an rc... we have an all terrain atv/motocross park nearby, if you have one of those maybe it would be a good idea to try your rc car on some motocross jumps, i'm sure the motocross guys will appreciate that

#18 Vandekieft77, Feb 24, 2013
  19. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Now i can speak from experience. Lol i grew up with my little brother racing motocross. We all had rc playin out on the track. Alot of kids had them. We ran on the track. Ive takin my stampede (when i had it) to our motocross track. No problems. Actually had a couple guys asking if they could try it.

20. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

motocross parks are probably better suited for rc cars than skateparks.. but still you keep in mind that motocross parks are for motocross bikes and quads...