1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the skate park today...

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by RustyWrench, Feb 23, 2013.

1. scxrunner

scxrunner Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I never had a problem with it though is what im saying. I would get distracting if you were where i was and screwing with me but in his case he was not around the kids they came where he was. He moved and they keep bothering him. Honestly He handled it alot better than i would have.

2. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

i have had too many bad experiences with people using our skatepark for more than just a skatepark, in my case: people did let their dogs crap on the park, and pop made it sticky, and rc cars did get in the way and stupid parents would just let their 4 year olds run around and play on the park, when push comes to shove, its just easy for things to go to far and i guess i can be a little emotional about it because i've had a lot of little kids get in my way, run into me and rc cars get in my way.

3. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Lol ok but im referring to his case, not in general.. He wasn't spilling his pop all over. His kid was beside him. He wasnt pooping all over. Lol and his rc was out of their way. I dont see how hes in the wrong?

#23 scxrunner, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Ment to put his dog was not pooping all over lol

5. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

i didn't say that he was, but i don't agree with rc's on skateparks at least when its being used for the purpose that it was built for, no serious skateboarder or biker likes seeing rc cars on skateparks at the same time as us because we feel like we always have to be watching both ways for a rogue rc car... i've already made the points that i wanted to. again, someone hits your rc on accident at a skatepark, can't blame them for it. actual accidents happen, and nobody wants that

6. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Ok well im done trying to make my point lol

I say go back to that park whenever you want because you have the right to enjoy it. My 2 cents. Hahaha

7. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

all i have to say is don't get mad when some kids are riding their bikes on a short course track.

8. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

????? Most short coarse tracks are owned by someone? Atleast here they are. Owned by a private owner or a hobby shop. If someone has a bike on it there bound to get in trouble lol

9. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

well the case really isn't too fair then is it? when things are unfair people get angry and things break.. case closed

10. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Really if they were on it it could be trespassing. Right? Illegal. Thats saying if they didnt have permission.

Theres nothing illegal about me going to a skatePARK and running my truck. And as far as accidentally running over it ya, you cant get mad but intentionally running it over which in his case they were then yes every right to be mad.

Now im done. No sense in getting in an argument :D see ya around the forums bud!

#30 scxrunner, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  11. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

yep, good day :aceofaxe:

12. scxrunner

ELiTE MEMBER

Sorry rustywrench!

Didnt mean to jack your thread.

13. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

An accident is one thing, they happen. In this case it sounds like it wouldn't have been an accident that is the problem.

And I'm with runner on goin back to the park.

14. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

its one thing when your operating a remote control toy and out of harms way, but to get things straight i agree that you shouldn't have to put up with snotty teenagers, and i'm not saying that you shouldn't take your rc car to a skatepark. but being a skateboarder that played a role in getting our skatepark after 13 years without a skatepark, i am grateful to have a place to enjoy this one hobby that i do... with rc cars you can have fun just about anywhere, its kind of insulting when your a guy who has broken bones and have a lot of mental focus for their sport and an rc car is buzzing around lol, but anyways i'm not going to tell you not to take your rc to a skatepark even though i don't agree with it

15. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ok guys. great debate... Here is the scoop, the park in question is a tax payer funded park, I am one of the many people that supported the park being built (including going to City Hall for meetings)... Now I have a question if it is a skate park, then what right do guys on bikes, roller blades or scooters have being there? After all it's a "SKATE PARK" that means skate boards only right?

We ran my sons truck well out of the way of everyone else, the people in question came over and hastled us (we were there first), and when they decided to ride where we were running, we respectfully moved to where they were not... The harrasment continued, the park was not busy, just me my son and 5 bike riders... Hey I fully understand if they run over out RC by accident that's fine but actually riding over intimidating a 7 year old who is minding his own business and running his RC well out of their way, in my books is not cool... By the way so you all know my son has been running his truck for just over 3 years now and has great control over his truck even with a 3s and 26 tooth pinion, in fact he was the one driving when we clocked him doing 58.6 MPH...

If they would have said hey we want to ride this side of the park now, it would have been no problem... I would have moved, it's a big park... As far as the statement saying something to the effect that you can't run your RC on a motocross track, well The Canadian Pacific Trial Bike Association allows us RC guys to run on their rocks in IOCO in fact we even have crawler comps, trail runs, and what have you there... Some times while they are having Trial Bike Comps...

Dean

#35 RustyWrench, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  16. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So what needs to happen for us to get a Public RC Park (tax payer funded)? After all us RC people should not be allowed to run on the street because our cars/trucks are not insured, we should not be allowed to run on the school feild because our RC's do not go to that school, we should not be allowed to take our RC's on foot paths because they are for walking only, we should not be allowed on BMX tracks, we should not be allowed at skate parks...

So where are we spose to go? Oh to the short course track and that it, no where else... And if we did build an RC only park, I'm sure others would use the area with or without permission... The nearest short course track to us is a fair drive (it is owned by the city and run by a club, you actually have to purchase a permit to run there) not sure how I can drift there though... I see people riding their bikes on it quite often (I'm quite sure they never purchased their permit) no big deal unless there is an event...

Dean

#36 RustyWrench, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  17. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have not even bothered trying to take any of my RC's to my local skate park. I would love too it would be awesome. But I would get the same problem you did Rusty. The only people who go there are just 8 - 19 year olds who just sit at the top of the ramps and smoke and hassle anyone that goes their and start fights etc. So I guess I'll just drive my RC's in my backyard and at the little track someone made down the road which is hardly used. :)

18. Honda95freek

Honda95freek MadMan Moderator

Sounds as if its a public park and all are free to use it. And along with that people should treat others with respect. I do believe one of the first lessons we learn early on is to share. I'm glad to see everyone was able to have a friendly discussion about this topic.

19. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Just a quick FYI we have gone to the skate park in question before, and a few other skate parks... Never had any problems, we go early in the morning so that we don't disturb any riders (almost never anyone there until after noon)... Or sometimes we will drive by and if it's not busy we will stop and play...

Most of the time when there are people there they stop what they are doing and encourage us to do bigger, badder jumps... Or we stop and watch the riders do tricks, we have always found a way to keep the peace... The event in question was the first time this has happened to us ever, and we have been doing skate parks for aprox 3 years... You can't let a handfull of bad apples ruin your whole day... Keep on RC'ing...

Dean

20. jhenrique.galera

jhenrique.galera New Member

Not trying to support the bikers, but you are lucky... Here in Brazil we have very big chances of being robbed... I think its just kids(even some almost adults) trying to growing up, became "a man" in the VERY WRONG way. Then I agree with "call the Police." Welcome to the real adult life, kids.