1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi R8 Forumla Drift.

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by Zenman59, Nov 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zenman59

Zenman59 Active Member

Media:
    A new project I am working on. Its an Audi R8 FD Build. I intend to make a detachable rear bumper with full exhaust/turbos. In the future I will upload more photos in the future incase you only want to follow along in the forums.

I got inspiration for this project from Khyzyl Saleem

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

More of his work (https://www.artstation.com/khyzylsaleem)

oklamopar and Antho11 like this.
  2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I can’t wait to see more!

3. Low Budget Hobbies

Media:
    Subbed to the thread!
    Have you thought about using turbo keychains as the turbos for the rear? Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Maycom-Spinning-Keychain-Turbocharger-Keyrings/dp/B009KVJH8G
    I think it would be killer if you either hooked up 2 tiny electric motors to spin the compressors or maybe a small air tank with hoses run to the turbos so they spin while the vehicle is turned on, especially if they are exposed when the rear bumper is taken off.

4. Zenman59

Zenman59 Active Member

Media:
    Wow thanks for the suggestion Low Budget Hobbies, I was editing the video and I saw your post and immediately ordered 2. If you have a youtube channel or something I will happily shout it out.

I keep forgetting to take photos :(

oklamopar likes this.
  5. Low Budget Hobbies

Media:
    Thanks dude, glad you took my suggestion! My youtube channel is just starting out and I don't really have a lot of content yet. Maybe sometime in the future when I know I will be posting videos more frequently and I have more projects to share, as for now life has been really busy and sadly my R/C projects I've been meaning to share have been on the back burner.
    Modeling is hard, but I think it is turning out pretty good so far! Take your time and keep at it!

6. Zenman59

Zenman59 Active Member

Media:

Thanks :D, I'm starting to slow it down and work on the finer details to get the build right.