1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ax10 rock racer build

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by IGO, Jul 15, 2018.

1. IGO

IGO New Member

Im building up my ax10 as a sort of do it all beast.all terrain from slow technical rock crawls to full throttle hill climbs. I'm looking for advice on a motor esc combo,shocks, a tuber chassis or bodies that work well and a high quality rugged steering servo. Thanks for the help!

2. Boing

Boing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Geez, want someone to build it for ya too. Hahaha

I'm just kidding with ya. Thats just a tall order. I personally have 2 Ax10's. One I did as a Monster Truck and another I built as a slow crawler for my girlfriend. So as far as an ESC and motor combo that can do both... that's a "stumper". My RC's usually do one or the other.

I can say the servo I use on my Monster Truck is a Savox, SW1210. Its got 277 oz. (7.85 kg.) of pushing force. My Monster Truck has Huge/Heavy 2.6" Solid Billet Aluminum wheels and giant Tires to go with'em and that little servo does quite well. If you're looking for one that has insane torque but more on the cheap side, I suggest the Power HD, LW-20MG. It's got 705 oz. (20 kg.) of pushing force. I have one of those on an SCX10 that I beat the snot out of (had to test it because of how cheap it was) and it has been great so far.

Bodies... you can go with pretty much anything you want. The AX10 has a super simple body mount set-up that will fit with almost any body. The only thing I would be careful about is how much flex the AX10 has. Those tires can get pretty high up so "body rub" could be an issue. I'm not too familiar with Tuber Chassis' for the AX10. If you switch to a Wraith baseplate & transmission, there are lots of tube cages for the Wraith... but at that point your AX10 is now a Wraith.

Here's some pics of my AX10 Monster Truck and the Build Thread I did on it...
    https://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threads/boings-monster-deadbolt-build.34561/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Surprisingly) I don't have any pics of my girlfriends AX10. I'll have to fix that. I put a lot of work into that thing. Hahahaha

Hopes that Helps

3. Boing

Boing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok, found some pics of my Girlfriends AX10. I forgot I had some photos of her AX10 following my Wraith around at AxialFest 2018...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I should make a thread on that thing. Like I said, I put a lot of work into it.