1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AX10 & SCX10 Water Rock Climbing.

Discussion in 'Rock Crawlin' Photos' started by sirkingdra, Aug 22, 2013.

1. sirkingdra

sirkingdra Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My buddy and I took our trucks out to a local park where a large fountain atop a rock structure stand, and it was an ideal place to test our rock climbing and water proofing skills. The water below (Not shown here) was surprisingly deep, it came up to my Chevy's headlights. Truck specs will be listed at the bottom of this post.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    My rig is the AX10 Ridgecrest with the Proline 1980's Chevy Blazer Body, 2.2 Proline Flat Iron Tires, Water Proof Hi-Tec Servo with Aluminum HD Servo Horn
    My Buddies truck is an SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 2.2 Proline Badlands Tires, Proline Jeep Comanche body and Water Proof Hi-Tec Servo.

The water proofing tactics used on my rigs and my friends are the basic Plasti-dip, rubber maid and marine grease techniques as well as using a water proof servo and receiver box made by hi-tec and Traxxas respectively.

Enjoy. :)

2. CodeRedMD

CodeRedMD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That's one way to get them wet. :) Both of those rigs look sweet. I really like the way that AX10 with the Chevy Blazer body turned out.

3. sirkingdra

sirkingdra Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

thanks dude, most appreciated :) I do like the chev body as well. I would get another for a future scx10 for sure. It's fun to play king of the hill I tell ya wHat lol.