1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial HD 32p tranny....

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Frank10, Mar 27, 2016.

1. DivineChaos

DivineChaos Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yea. I've busted numerous axleshafts and lockers. But never the driveshafts. Not scale at all. Yea I'm running 3300kv on 3s. Good traction I've done wheelies.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. Frank10

Frank10 Member

Man thanks guys .....way different from my rustler..... But seems a lil easier to wrench on....

3. Cameron Haga

Cameron Haga Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    What's Not scale at all ? The MIP drive shafts ?

4. Frank10

Frank10 Member

Can the 32p hd transmission handle that eBay Blue brushless motor? If anyone knows what motor I'm talking about...3660 2700kv or 2600kv blue can motor

5. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I can't find the exact motor your looking at . But what I hear is that the perfect brushless setup for the Wraith is a 3300KV 3650 can size hobby fans brushless . If you search ( secret weapon brushless setup ) you should find OOynot s thread . I believe it's a hobby king ESC with that motor . The best part is that the whole set is about $50 . I just got my HF 3300KV in the mail today . Still waiting on the ESC so I haven't installed it yet . But when I do I'll post up something .

Frank10 likes this.
  6. Frank10

Frank10 Member

Wow really ..... Its a 3660 blue can , it sells for like 20 bucks.....they have a 3665 blue can thsts like a 1800kv a 3672 I forgot what kv that one is....wow

7. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

The stock axial driveshafts.

8. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

The old can style I can't find. But I have a direct link to the new one and an off brand. I posted it a while back.

9. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It's only 1 cm longer than the 3650 size . Should work if you have the 5mms pinion gear

Frank10 likes this.
  10. Frank10

Frank10 Member

Yes probably that one, so that transmission CAN handle that

11. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If your talking about handling the power of brushless I would get steel gears . I was informed that if you want to go brushless with an Axial transmission you need to upgrade the transmission gears to steel and reinforce your stock drive shafts by filling the hollow shaft in the middle with threaded rod and some gorilla glue . Use the glue sparingly as it expands . What is it you want your truck to do ? Go faster ? What I did when I got my Wraith (because I wanted more speed ) is start with the steering links and hubs and knuckles . Then to reduce flex in the chassis I upgraded my lower links to aluminum . You can also build your own out of 8/32 threaded rod and some traxxas ball ends . Then I added Robinson racing steel gears . One piece output gear/shaft and idler gear . Then you either reinforce your drive shafts or replace them . I recommend MIP . If you just want speed and don't care about performance throw the brushless system in and have a ball for a short time until your gears strip ,c-hubs and knuckles break and drive shafts twist off . But if you want your rig to last you need to upgrade . I'm only running 2700KV and it's way more power and speed than stock . I hope this is helpful .

12. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    But it will physically fit .

13. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

When I upgraded to brushless I shredded my idler in about 3 runs. And I apparently had the hd tranny. It's got a dual slipper and 32p spur. But still has a plastic idler. I've had no issues with my stock driveshafts running the secret weapon. The 3300kv is a perfect fit. Faster and way more torque. Just keep your punch on your esc below 50percent or you will break the driveshaft. And you will have to upgrade your diff gears to hd ones. But make sure you shim them also.

Cameron Haga likes this.
  14. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I wanted to tell you that I ripped the pin out of the extra speed universal axles . The little pin with the tiny e-clip . Getting creative now with a screw pin .

15. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    brushless, I was thinking more this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361501786558?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and you purchase a $10 program card that goes with it that is for the quicrun stuff, and you can adjust drag brake etc... I am considering that combo myself, if I am correct, 21.5t is proper for brushless crawlers but still crazy fast. I mean I heard hobbywing is good, I haven't ever owned anything from them, but well I may have a go... For my purposes I need sensored brushless, brushed isn't fast enough for me haha, the motor seems to be a standard 1/10th scale motor size

#35 Spence123, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  16. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

Unless you run more than 4s a 1800 kv isn't fast. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301831732778&alt=web I'M running this on 3s with an ezrun sc8. You could go with a 3000kv.

17. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I just installed the 3300KV after taking out my 2700KV but had to drop pinion back to stock so it slowed me down . I'm only running 2s and it still had enough torque to shred my universal axle .

18. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Wait I am confused guys, those are sensorless motors correct? I thought those would be awful for crawling purposes... Then maybe I may steal the bl system out of my rustler VXL and gear it low and run it on 3s? It is sensorless a for sure no go with a crawler, or just don't spend time in the low RPM's? I still wanted to do mixed crawling, maybe I will find a diff version of that quicrun combo that has a lower motor turn

19. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Search my secret weapon combo . Oowhynot has it figured out . It's all in setting your punch below 50 percent . I can creep with mine . But like I said the torque destroyed my universal axle just climbing a hill I climb almost every day .

20. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I don't do a lot of crawling really . I live on the coast of Oregon and we don't have a lot of good rocks to crawl . Mostly trail runs ,hill climbing extra . I like a little too much speed anyways . Probably why I'm constantly fixing my Wraith . I spend more time not running while waiting for parts than I do running . So far since upgrading the shit out of my drive train I have blown two sets of axles in two weeks . I'm gonna have to spring for Vanquish I think .