1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial HD 32p tranny....

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Frank10, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    lol oh gosh, axles as in driveshafts? or the steel internal pumpkin axles? Cuz the drivshafts are an easy fix, there are plenty steel shafts out there... If I remember, medic kept the stock gears and axle internal driveshafts in the axles of his black widow project at one point, and only until lots of time and bashing, did one axle stub finally break out of the axle. He has all vanquish stuff as in vanquish currie axles, vanquish shafts etc... I think if I don't just hammer when I get the metal gears and bl system and stuff installed, I think I may be ok breakage wise, the soft steering arm is staying tho :D

#41 Spence123, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Frank10 likes this.
  2. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

I you have a programming card you could also try putting the timing of your motor down lower ....
    on my trail truck I run the timing at 0.0

3. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Not to hi-jack this thread, but somebody recommended me 00whynot's secret brushless combo, it consists of any 3000kv ish 3650 sl motor, and this esc: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=13445
    I see it has manually adjustable stuff at a great price, I just heard that like 00whynot said to adjust force and timing, not sure if timing could be adjusted?
    From hobbyking this is what it can do: 4 step reverse force adjustment
    5 step start force adjustment.
    3 step brake force adjustment
    5 step drag brake force adjustment,
    4 step initial brake force adjustment.

Not sure if that applies to sensorless motors?

4. Frank10

Frank10 Member

No hijacking here.... Just more learning and understanding for me...lol

5. Frank10

Frank10 Member

Man..... So much input all for a 10th scale crawlers.....lol but it's cool tho,
    Thanks guys way more info , that I was expecting......so just for me to be clear.... Cuz I have that 3660 2700kv blue can motor and when I buy the transmission I'd like to put that in the HD transmission...... So beside beefier axles that motor will work in that transmission with no problems? Thanks again guys great help

6. Cameron Haga

Cameron Haga Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ya the internal axles . I snapped the stock dogbone style and ordered the cvd style and twisted the keeper pin out of the universal . And about the secret weapon combo . I think you can get a compatible program card to adjust punch /acceleration force . I haven't done that personally . I just got that brushless 3300KV and a hobby king ESC . Foe what I do I like the speed .

7. Cameron Haga

Cameron Haga Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Yeah it will work . Just make sure you upgrade the tranny gears or you will strip the ones in the HD transmission . Even though is a upgraded transmission it still has plastic gears (idler gear and output gear )

Frank10 likes this.
  8. Frank10

Frank10 Member

Maaannn...... thanks .

9. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

have you thought about emailing them and ask for a link to the programming instructions .....
    or you will have to wait and hook a programming card to it ...

10. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    yea, maybe its all programmable via the esc.. I tried to contact hobbyking via live chat today, they usually are there, but this time they weren't...

I will just send the support email, I have dealt with hobbking a lot and they usually get back to you within a week or less. I did however make the ax10 partly brushless,I used a vxl-3s and motor combo to test, geared 20/87, it was peppy but the motor+esc were cold with the deadbolt...

It was too fast for its own shoes, the issue with the vxl-3s motor is the fact that it is like too long, you need a motor with a can that is 50mm or under in length or it contacts the lower links on the right. Low end was excellent, I used the throttle trim and turned up the throttle trim and low end torque was pretty good. Still working on the project...

11. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Alright guys, I made a support ticket asking questions regarding the esc 00whynot used, lets see how this goes via hobbyking's support email. I will keep you guys posted :)
    I mentioned the esc name in the title of the email but lol

this is what I said:

"Hi there, I heard on the rcsparks forum, with that esc combined with a 3650 motor (sensorless) 3000kv range 50mm long by 36mm can size, and that esc tuned with some settings makes an excellent bottom budget brushless crawler setup. I heard the esc has some settings like:

4 step reverse force adjustment
    5 step start force adjustment.
    3 step brake force adjustment
    5 step drag brake force adjustment,
    4 step initial brake force adjustment.

These are just taken right from hobbyking, but how are these settings accessed? Can timing be adjusted via the esc, or is there a programming card that goes along with it?

Thanks-
    Spence"

#51 Spence123, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  12. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

just out of curiosity ,,,, let us know what they say...

13. Frank10

Frank10 Member

What do you guys think of the all black aluminum gear box with the spur gear guard on it...
    I don't know how to link stuff I'm on a cheap fone....I hope you guys understand what transmission I'm talking about

14. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

what is the model name of the gear box ,,, maybe I can look it up and see,,,
    a metal gear box with some metal gears would be the way to go.

Frank10 likes this.
  15. Frank10

Frank10 Member

I just type in axial scx10 transmission a few pop up then there is a few black ones

16. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

the metal case I have is Integy brand and it has been holding pretty well for a case that the aluminum is soft as warm butter ... if the case is axial brand or any other brand with decent hardness of aluminum ,,,, go for it ....

Frank10 likes this.
  17. DivineChaos

DivineChaos Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Anything higher than 3300kv sensorless is useless. 3300kv is perfect on a crawler. Just gear it correctly. And sensored are mostly sold by turn.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

18. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

My stock axleshafts lasted awhile on 3s brushless. But the axle gears (ring and pinion) didn't last long. Any hardened steel ones are fine. But I do reccomend vanquish hd xvd axleshafts and spool in the front.

19. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
  20. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

I had the HR spool. Didn't like it. Get vanquish