1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Question

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Deadbolt9008, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Deadbolt9008

Deadbolt9008 Member

Hello!
    So, I've been in the RC hobby for about a year and a half, and Finally decided to get into some crawling. I've been watching RC Sparks Videos on crawling and Mudding for years, and have always wanted to get a crawler. So, I finally got a Axial SCX10 Deadbolt. So, I have read up on it a little and have determined, its a good little truck. However, though I dont' have it yet, lol, I started looking for some upgrades to do. First upgrade I wanted, was getting it a new Body. Preferably a Chevy Silverado. ;)
    So I went on to Proline and searched deadbolt body. Only one body came up.. and it was a Bronco body. Which, I like, but I was hoping for more variety.. I've looked some images up for Deadbolt custom, and haven't seen many.
    So my question is, Can I fit other bodies on it? I've never bought a body for my other RCs before and dont' know much about custom bodies. I looked at the majority of bodies, and they have a wheelbase of something like 335 mm? And the deadbolt is 330 mm..
    Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I honestly know nothing about custom bodies.

Deadbolt9008

Little Rascle likes this.
  2. Deadbolt9008

Deadbolt9008 Member

I always knew it, but guess I didn't want it to be true. I'll have to keep the stock body for now then I guess. I'll probably get the SCX10 2, Honcho, or Vaterra Ascender. They have some good aftermarket bodies. I've heard some good reviews about the Ascender and am excited to fool around with it a little. :D Probably will be my next Truck.

CORRECTION:
    I searched around a little on the Axial website and found they have their own aftermarket bodies for the Deadbolt.
    Still will be wanting that Ascender tho. lol.

3. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

most bodes made for other trucks can be mounted on your deadbolt

4. Deadbolt9008

Deadbolt9008 Member

Okay. Thanks. I'm assuming though, I just have to keep an eye on the wheel base measurments? (305mm) And I should be good, right?

5. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

yes but you can make new links to any wheel base you need. new drive shafts may be needed

6. Boing

Boing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Don't be fooled by manufactures only offering their parts and service. They just want you to buy their parts so they keep you as a returning customer. Axial never used to do that but I guess since Horizon Hobby took over, that has changed.

Anyways, you can put whatever body you want on the SCX10 Deadbolt. That's one of the things I love about the original SCX10 platform. All four body posts are adjustable (it also comes with taller body posts on the spare parts tree) and all the electronics are tucked inside the frame rails so the chassis fits under almost any body.

For example... These are my SCX10's... 3 of which were "Deadbolts"...

First... Axial's Deadbolt body (to show I have one)
    [​IMG]

Carisma RC 1976 Ford F150 (I added the F250 stickers)
    [​IMG]

RJ Speed 1946 Dodge Power Wagon (NOT Proline)
    [​IMG]

JConcepts 1984 Ford F150
    [​IMG]

RJ Speed 1940 Ford Pick-Up
    [​IMG]

And to show how versatile the SCX10 platform is... Here's a pic of my current project...
    A 1938-39 Buddy-L pressed steel toy truck!!!
    [​IMG]

It doest quite fit yet, but I looked into it... the SCX10 II, the TRX4, the Ascender... none of those would have fit as well. Basically those would take a lot more work to make it fit.

The only bodies you may have an issue with are bodies with a molded interior like the Gmade Sawback flat fender Jeep body or Proline's 1966 Ford Bronco body w/cage.

Other than that, you can put whatever body you want on that Deadbolt.

7. Geoff228

Geoff228 New Member

Ha what are the differences between the honcho and the deadbolt scx-10 II to make it worth the extra but of cash?