1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial SCX10 with 20 turn motor????

Discussion in 'Trail Truck Electronics' started by n_csmith51, Jul 3, 2012.

1. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

Ok I am looking to get into the RC rock crawling/scale crawler scene, more scale the anything. My question here is how bad is the Dingo builders kit going to be if i run a 20 turn motor on it for a while?? I have done my research and Axial is the way I am going to go, I am just looking to save a little money for now since I have a 20 turn motor, ESC, and steering servo on a drift car I don't use anymore. Has anyone ran a 20 turn on an Axial or any other crawler for that matter? Again this would be only temporary until I get the money together for a Tekin HD brushed motor with ESC.

2. Leo_rcc

Leo_rcc New Member

20T will be fine with the chassis. I've seen and done much worse.

3. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

cool good to know, how will it be for the long haul I mean I am stationed in England right now but when I get back to the states I am thinking about trying to get into the scale crawler competitions depending on where I get stationed and what is around. Is a 20T going to be too much power? I am assuming it will be as most crawlers i see videos of are running 35-55t motors.

4. Got Raptor

Got Raptor Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i bumped my SCX10 to a 20T like 2 weeks into owning it. It has had the stock pinion and spur set up with that motor as well. I noticed right off the bat it has better acceleration and top end. For what i use it for, it perfect. have had it in there for about 2 months now and it running great.

20T translates to a faster motor (ie faster accel and more top end) 35T-50T are what you normally see in comps because they have more torque. Less top end but it will have the grunt to get you out of sticky spots especially if you are rock crawling.

Hope that helps!:B:

5. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

perfect thats what i wanted to know its a difference of around a hundred dollars between the two and parts that really aren't getting used anymore so i might as well use them at least for the time being until i get back to somewhere that actually has sponsored events

#5 n_csmith51, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  6. Calahan

Calahan New Member

Im running a 27t in my scx 10 and it works great . I have a buddy of my that is running a 20t in his scx10 and it works great also . We use our trucks for trail and climbing . Other than a littl more grunt with my 27t the 20t is my buddys works great . On the flat ground he has a llittle more speed ( very little ) . I carry a 20t in my trail box for a back up .

7. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

You will be fine running the 20T on the SCX10. I am doing a new scx10 project and will actually be using a 20T motor for it.

8. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

right on thanks guys that is what i like hearing since its gonna save me about a hundred dollars. HOWEVER i just realized last night that tower hobbies does not have the SCX10 Dingo kit anymore for some reason they did not long ago but not anymore. Oh well guess ill have to find another company that offers international shipping

9. fordguy8790

fordguy8790 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

10. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

Ah I have found the reason why, It is under the electric truck kit not the electric crawler kit. Which i guess makes sense but really had me worried about how i was going to get one.

11. The_Hun

The_Hun New Member

you should look into the 21t Traxxas 550 motor. Its pretty damn cheap and I must say its a big powerful motor! Its pretty damn fast to say the least when you want to jet in between the trails of going obstacle to obstacle. but still has boat loads of torque to climb.

12. Nicodemous

Nicodemous Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I run the Traxxas 20 stinger motor in my scx-10, and it is a good little setup.
    Nice speed decent torque. :)

13. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

Good my 20t from a previous truck that now has the motor from my drift car will be perfect to use for a while, but ill look into that traxass motor, but i think eventually i will go for a 55t...maybe not though cause i am looking for scale realism with the truck so i think it might be nice to get a quicker turn motor in it just for shear realism

14. RC_Psycho

RC_Psycho Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

15. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

That is great news considering my 20t is a dynamite 20t motor hahaha great to know and ill have to count my pinion on it and see what my tooth set up is

16. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    See a 35T would have had less trouble keeping the momentum up lol...

17. RC_Psycho

RC_Psycho Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

lol maybe but the grass was damp so it was causing my wheels to spin haha

18. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

well its done the scx 10 got ordered about two weeks ago and i just finished it the other day. waiting on a new soldering iron and a couple other few odds and ends and ill be able to get the battery connected need to solder a deans fitting on my battery. ill try to post some pictures in a bit

19. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here ya go once the battery can be hooked up ill get some action shots and start a build thread or something

20. n_csmith51

n_csmith51 New Member

she's alive now just waiting on batteries to be charged forgot my son and i drained them a couple weeks ago. she crawls though which makes me happy so its a start.