1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial scx10ii Build Transmission/Gear? Problem

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by nikkishim.rc, Jun 15, 2018.

1. nikkishim.rc

nikkishim.rc New Member

Hi. I've been working on my first build - Axial scx10ii and all seemed to be looking and going fairly well. I hooked up the motor the other day and it wouldn't turn. ESC is fine. It seems to be an issue with all the small gears... I've taken it apart and tried to rebuild it multiple times. It seems when I go to put the cover on the transmission they stop turning freely. Without the cover, I can get them to spin. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right. I think my issue is kind of around step 20 in the manual.

Not sure what's happening or why. Any advice is appreciated. I tried to google the issue but without knowing all the proper names etc it's been difficult finding any sort of leads or answers.

I've also never posted on a forum ever so not sure if I'm even doing this right!!!

Thanks for any hints and tips!

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

welcome to the forums , someone with a scx10ii will be here soon to help

3. nikkishim.rc

nikkishim.rc New Member

Thanks! I'll check back in tomorrow morning!

4. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I don't have a SCX10 ii but I'll try to help. Are you tightening the transmission housing together too tight? Did you set the mesh between the pinion (gear on motor shaft) and spur gear (gear meshing with pinion) properly.

walter likes this.
  5. nikkishim.rc

nikkishim.rc New Member

Maybe a cover is on too tight, I will check that out. I dont think it is the spur gear or pinion gear, it seems to be all those small gears clumped together. It is very strange because I thought I followed the instructions and didn't get confused at that part. Thanks for the help!

6. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Try watching some build videos and see what's different between yours and theirs.