1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

axial wraith battery options

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by kimeye01, Apr 9, 2012.

1. kimeye01

kimeye01 New Member

ok, guy i am getting a axial wraith so i want a few batteries on hand. I don't know which battery to use. I would like 2s lipo's but i dont want to have to solder deans connectors onto my esc. if i have to use nimh batteries i would like to have decent run time. anything is helpful!!!

2. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

so get lipo with tamia plug on it and your all set to go

3. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Or get a adapter from tamiya to deans. I would go lipo, better in just about every way. If you mount your battery up front you can get a pretty big pack in there. I'm able to fit a 3s 5000mah 45c pack up front in my Wraith, and there is still some play for a bigger battery

4. kimeye01

kimeye01 New Member

ok thanks, ill look into that

5. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I have a 7.2v NiMh 4700mAh battery and I get, if I drive nice and don't go full speed, about 2 hours of playtime, that includes driving over Rocks ''crawling'', getting stuck more often than my heart beats per minute, mostly because I try the impossible, lol. But yeah, all in all about 1h30m to 2h of run time :)

At the end it's going to be your decision, hope you're happy with what you decide

All the best and good luck mate:D

6. OKCrawler

OKCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Does any one happen to know the dimensions of the area in the front of the wraith where the "battery forward mod" is done? Im looking at a few lipo batteries and want to know if they will fit!
    Thanks!!