1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial Wraith upgrades

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Mikecal, May 25, 2013.

1. Mikecal

Mikecal Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Good morning my fellow RCAddicts! So I've decided that's its time for me to some upgrading on my Wraith! Very excited...but as always I need some input. As of right now the only upgrades I've done are all aluminum links and g-made shocks. Added a roof rack, but other than that, it's all stock. Oh wait, a lowering kit was also added. Anyways, I was thinking of going brushless, but I have no idea what a decent motor ESC combo would be. That's where I need your help. No remember, this rig will be going thru mud and water occasionally. I've seen Medics video "aqua wraith" and in the description it said he had a brushless set up but it also said we wouldn't be seeing the waterproofing of the brushless motor. That's where you guys come in :haveaniceday:. So whith all that said any help would be appreciated and I'm looking forward to hear what you guys have for me. Also, any other cool ideas for upgrades or mods are always welcome!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend my friends!!!

[​IMG]

2. Slimjr331

Slimjr331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet Wraith!!! One of the first upgrades I did was the servo horn. I got the Axial Aluminum Servo Horn. I had the Castle Creations Sv2 4600kv in my Wraith for acouple weeks. It was a beast. I was running 2s and 3s lipos. The Sv2 4600kv is for my 2wd Slash, so it went back in the slash. I do want to get a waterproof brushless system for my Wraith. I was looking at the Castle Creations Sv3 4600kv or a waterproof Hobbywing brushless system.

3. memphis m3z

memphis m3z Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

First thing I would change is put aluminum c-hubs and steering knuckles they are very weak stock. Mine broke with out even bashing within the first week.

4. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

mine did also best thing to get first :seriousbusiness:

5. segersshop

segersshop Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

nice looking rig!!! same here mine broke quick . i bought the vanquish stage 1 . and switched to 32p s/p . then i just bought the other stuff i wanted and needed for brushless setup . got mip drive shafts . Robinson racing gears for tranny . i just put a mmp wih a tekin roc412 2300kv and i love it. run on 2s 5000mah lipo. i will be waterproofing mine once i get the electronics where i want them . good luck can't wait to see more !!! :haveaniceday:

6. Mikecal

ELiTE MEMBER

@segersshop...sounds good my friend...couple questions for ya tho. What's an mmp? And are you going to waterproof the motor or just the electronics? I'm planning on getting the aluminum c hubs and knuckles...thanks for all your help guys and I will keep you guys posted as I upgrade my rig

7. bongofish

bongofish Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

All great suggestions. The C-hubs and knuckles that come stock are a joke, and you'd be better off going to aluminum.
    One other thing is to swap the electronics to the rear and the battery to the front. My stock Wraith was bad about rolling over backward on any kind of an incline before I did it. Now it's really tough to roll it over. It keeps the front end planted.

8. Mikecal

ELiTE MEMBER

Hey bongofish would you happen to have a pic of how you did that. I've tried before but as soon as I take the body pannels off, I'm lost haha.

9. bongofish

bongofish Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I don't but I'll get some today. That cool?

10. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

and dont forget to lower it and it dont cost anything

11. Mikecal

ELiTE MEMBER

Just a couple pics from today. I painted the panels, didn't really like the stock design of there. 2.2 mud slingers and axial beadlocks. Yea I have the ckrccrawler lowering kit on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mikecal

ELiTE MEMBER

Bongofish, yea that's fine it doesn't even have to be today if ya can't get around to it my friend.

I'm still running the stock electronics but I have waterproofed them with some good ole plastidip.

13. mogibbs

mogibbs New Member

Axial Wraith Poison Spyder

All I can say is wow...

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum. I'm a proud owner of a Slash VXL 2WD, Mini-Summit VXL, SCX10 Trail Honcho and now a brand new Poison Spyder Wraith!!!

I wish I would have bought a Wraith earlier, but I'm glad I waited. I've been stormin across river boulders and tackling anything that comes it's way.

Overall, I have zero complaints about this vehicle. I'm getting used to the steering. Right now, the only upgrade I have planned are some wheel weights up front. Gonna hang with the servo and steering till I have issues.

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about this truck. It's only two days old, but I've never had this much fun with a new truck. This thing is a freaking BEAST!

Now thinkin bout an exo-terra kit...

Have fun and tear it up!

14. Mikecal

ELiTE MEMBER

Hey bongofish would you to have those pics my friend?

15. Mikecal

ELiTE MEMBER

Good evening my friends...just a little update on my wraith...added some scale accessories and some STRC aluminum parts...enjoy
    [​IMG]

Rear lock outs and diff cover
    [​IMG]

C hubs and steering knuckle
    [​IMG]

Steering linkage set
    [​IMG]