1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axial XR10 Build Video Series - RCSparks Studio

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by RCSparks, Jan 29, 2011.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Hey we go with a build video series of the Axial XR10.

I have done other builds, and thought that some folks may want to watch along as I put together a competition rock crawler. This is Axials New product - so I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store. I picked up some great products from Team Tekin, Max Amps, Futaba, Spektrum, and many other leading manufactures in RC.. so hopefully the project turns out to be a MONSTER! I'll be including any mods, or tips I can find on how to put it together, and keep it fairly simple for those who are building along. You guys can see it all right here!

This thread will be dedicated to this build - As I finish the vids, I will post them here so you can see the progress - Enjoy :)

Axial XR10 Video Number 1 - INTRODUCTION To the Build

[video=youtube;5JKCd_Gguhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JKCd_Gguhw[/video]

Axial XR10 Video Number 2 - It Begins with the Front Axle...

Time to get technical folks! I have strayed a little from the instructions.. being a speed rebel I used a 35t motor... and a 12 tooth pinion.. Hopefully the crawler will hold together.. lol

Enjoy

[video=youtube;NJfCtfsSay0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfCtfsSay0[/video]

Axial XR10 Video Number 3 - LINKS, SHOCKS, SUSPENSION

The kit is starting to take shape now.. lots of patience and time put into this build, but the designers did a GREAT job of engineering a great concept. They really covered some great needs of the RC rock crawler / driver. You'll see what I mean

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;2SOWAkBF6Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SOWAkBF6Xk[/video]

Part 4 - RC ADVENTURES - AXiAL XR10 BUILD - CHASSIS, SOLDERING TIPS, ESC'S

OK... so putting it all out there now.. and getting down and dirty with PART 4! lots to cover.. so enjoy this weekend edition !

[video=youtube;m9yxSBNH1-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9yxSBNH1-Q[/video]

PART 5 - AXiAL XR10 ROCK CRAWLER - BUiLD SERiES - FINAL CONSTRUCTION!

WOOT WOOT! It's a done deal. I go through the final steps of this fun build.. and you get to see the final product!

Hope everyone enjoyed the build series, and this is a great way to end the Spring / Summer RC Season!

Enjoy

[video=youtube;oHLwzWQ4ahQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLwzWQ4ahQ[/video]

2. CreepyMoto

CreepyMoto New Member

i like the xr10, but can that thing being 4ws?

3. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It could be 4ws if you wanted .
    When it comes to competition ,the 2.2 class that this truck is in does not allow 4ws .
    Instead we use dig .

4. Ramstein

Ramstein Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So is the futaba 4pk the way to go when you are running M.O.A style rigs?

5. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Its not the onnnnly way.. but its definitely the Holy Grail of all Radio Controllers for Ground RC ;)

6. Crawler Ted

ELiTE MEMBER

Top of the line for sure .
    When we first started running MOA ,the 4pk with 4 channels was the way to go because it gives us the ability to adjust the power to front and rear motors independently .
    As it turns out we dont adjust power to the front motor anyway .
    The way we set em up now only 3 channels are required .we can still adjust the rear power .
    This leaves us guys with a 4 channel setup the ability to bring in a winch down system on our crawlers .which is allowed in the rules by the way .

So now you have more options for TX to run a full blown comp crawler .
    4PK
    Dx3r
    Dx3e ,will work but limited functions ,
    Futaba has a 3 channel out right now that is right around 200 bucks at PM .
    There is a new dx out now as well I think .

7. Crawler Ted

ELiTE MEMBER

I have both ,Use my dx3r for afew things .
    Honestly ,,I love the 4PK compared ,the menu's and functionality of the 4pk are way better and easier to use .
    Just my opinion though .
    I also forgot the 4Pl ,about the same price as a dx3r .

8. Scott

Scott Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You can also use the 3PK and 3PKS. It's a higher end radio than the 4PL ad gives all of the adjustments that the 4PK has, but it's only 3 channel. One of the guy's in the garage is using one, and thats what I started crawling with as well.

On RCCrawler there is a guy making some gizmo's that let you use a DX3R and make it work very well for the dual ESC's. As well as the much less popular Novak ESC.

9. Toyocrawler

Toyocrawler New Member

awesome build and great narrating!

10. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

11. shikakae123

shikakae123 New Member

Can you show a picture of show us how you get the wiring in your Xr10?I am quite confused by it.

#11 shikakae123, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  12. Sp3cia1K

Sp3cia1K New Member

would dig be allowed for all comps? cauz like i live in australia and i get that you wouldnt know the exact rules for here but is it sort of a generalized rule for 2.2 crawling?

13. TheWheelman

TheWheelman Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yes, as a general rule all 2.2 comp's allow the use of a dig. Most do not allow four wheelsteer.

14. anthonyfz1

anthonyfz1 New Member

are u going to do a upgrade video on xr10 i have one and want to no would it be better to go with mantis or stage 3 high lift kit
    (bent links ect)

15. MaxximusRC

MaxximusRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I was a little disappointed today, even though this thread is like a year and a half old, I watched the vids and got all interested in the XR10 just to find out that Axial discontinued this model about 8 months after this was posted. But, I also noticed that Axial still has it on their site and a suggested price of $550! If it has been discontinued, then why do they still advertise it? I guess I will go scour Ebay and Craigslist to see what I can find used:yourkidding:

#15 MaxximusRC, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  16. sebby

sebby Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Tower hobby is offering the xr10 very cheap intheir newsletter. I'm not sure what happens when you try to order it.

17. MaxximusRC

MaxximusRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Are you sure that wasn't the AX10 Ridgecrest? I just looked through Tower Hobbies' Speedmart newsletter and I didn't see the XR10. I did see the AX10 Ridgecrest though.

18. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Check LHS they might still have one kicking around

19. skaterpunk

skaterpunk New Member

I was looking into getting one too :( I don't have a lhs to check or one for miles

20. JAYDEN1999

JAYDEN1999 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The ax10 is definitely one of the best crawler kits on the market today in my opinion

Awesome truck!!!!!