1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best hard body for 1/10th trail vehicles.

Discussion in 'Product Discussions' started by RZC, Jun 23, 2017.

1. RZC

RZC Well-Known Member

I am looking for a scale hard body that can be used for a 1/10th scale truck. And can also be easily obtained.

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

3. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

New bright toy grade hard body RC cars can be found at Walmart,,,
    that is about as cheap as they get for having a selection of dodge ford Chevy,,,
    Keep your eyes out for any highly detailed toy or hard body toy...
    that is 18 inches in length for 1/10 scale building on or off road ;)

walter likes this.
  4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

what chassis or rc to plan to run the body on? scx-10 can be a great platform but the hard body will need to be custom mounted as well as some interior cut away to make room for the transmission.. if going with a rc4wd body and need rc maybe better to get the rc4wd kit or ready to run the rc 4wd bodies need assembly ,and paint and go together like a large scale model car ... the weight of the rc4wd steel axles help to counter balance the hard body also ..
    back to the scx10 platform there are 3 stock wheelbases and coustom links can easily be made to futher adjust the wheel base to fit a large variety of bodies

walter likes this.
  5. Honey Badger

Honey Badger New Member

New to forum, switching from bashed to crawler, buying scx10 II builders kit.
    Anyone have any new input on this body subject?

6. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

i dont have any new info and have pretty much lost my drive for rcing at the moment but i still have my un painted defender2 body from rc4wd I have already modded the interior to fit around the scx-10 engine and transmission and have opened the hood for a access to electronics.. for my battries i use 2 3S 2200 mah lipos setting on their edge ontop of the scx10 nerf bars my chassis is a gen 1 scx10 with the engine and transmission reversed. and i picked up some steel axle housings from boom racing to counter balance the body. i think they mnake them for gen2 axles also