1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best online shops

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Alvaro Mena, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Alvaro Mena

Alvaro Mena New Member

Media:
    Before you crucify me, I know google it's my friend. And I could search a couple pages and be done with this.

But I would love to have some recommendations of the most reliable and well stuffed online stores you've used to get your upgrade pieces besides ebay and amazon. The reason why it's because I don't actually live in the US but I come and go a few times each year, to different cities (so, I can't actually know which are the best hobby shops in town every time) and what I would like to do its ship the pieces I want/need to the hotel I'm staying at the time.

Thanks for your responses :)

2. BenFink

BenFink Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Horizon Hobby
    Direct Retailers (Traxxas, Axial, ECX, E.T.C.)
    Proline

Best way to fine one good for you is google what you need and browse the options a little. Others should have good ones.

3. Mogg2112

Mogg2112 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Tower Hobbies, AMain Hobbies, and Horizon Hobby are the very best in terms of parts availability and customer service in my experience. If you're on a very tight budget, you can get cheap vehicles, batteries, radios, receivers, servos, and other parts at Value Hobby. These are all my go-to sources.

Many people like Hobby King as well for cheap stuff, but I'm not a fan of them personally. You can get some really great stuff on Hobby King, but it's hit and miss and their quality control and customer service are pretty low.

I'd recommend avoiding places like NitroRCX and their affiliates like the plague... bad experiences with them in the past taught me a valuable lesson.

Cameron Haga likes this.
  4. Alvaro Mena

Alvaro Mena New Member

Media:
    Anyone has any insights about asiatees or boomracing?

5. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ebay is one of my favs :D I have had experience with hobbyking, I bought stuff to make flite test planes through them, and them a hobbyking nutball, IMO and this is stupid, HK shipping! I bought 3 turnigy nanotech batteries, and they charged me $6 per battery! It was supposed to be $18 instead it was $43, but they refunded me the money they didn't rightfully deserve, I also have a charger from them... They are ok, but most of the stuff they sell you can find on ebay, Asiatees is very popular, I hear that store name being thrown around a lot, I think its good even tho I never tried it

6. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

they have good reviews , but i have not tried them and am unsure how good the customer support is . but based off reviews id be willing to give them a try

7. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

crucifying folks is forbidden here at rc sparks .... #1 RULE is Be nice :)

Cameron Haga and Alvaro Mena like this.
  8. henrique.araujo

henrique.araujo New Member

I bought stuff from asiatees and amain online and delivered to Brazil in about 25 days. I will certainly return to them.

9. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Asiatees gets severely bashed by hardcore fan boys and team drivers on another forum but the asiatees rep is on there as well and always interested in customer feedback and product suggestions i would give them a shot most people bashing them have never touched or ordered any of their products its truly sad to see members with the attitude "if its not -insert high price brand name- its garbage" how is a new manufacturer ever going to be competitive with those kind of guys spouting off lets give these new guys a shot price doesn't mean its the best product everytime. I have seen some cheaper products out do big brands

10. DivineChaos

DivineChaos Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've got some stuff from them. Prompt replies. Fast shipping. Been good so far.

Y2daT likes this.
  11. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Asiatees a a responsible trader. Too high profile in the hobby to be flyby night. I have no dramas with them as a business. Just be wary of topcad parts, hit or miss in my opinion, but saying that asiatees would be willing to replace if faulty.

12. Alvaro Mena

Alvaro Mena New Member

Media:
    This is great! thanks for your insights guys :) helped me a lot, will post pictures of the parts I'm ordering when I get them just to leave a trail for someone with the same questions (btw ordering from asiatees and amain)

13. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

asiatees and boom racing are both really good suppliers as well as hobbyking if you stick mostly with there trackstar line and their gen 2 shortcourse and 150 esc are compariable to both tekkin and castle at about have the cost also fumi on ebay is very good as well

14. Alvaro Mena

Alvaro Mena New Member

Media:
    So, I started this thread a while ago, and want to give some feedback on what turned up doing, drawbacks and the end result.

I purchased from:
    • asiatees.com - turned up to be a great provider, purchased boomracing upgrades for my kyosho 2wd offroad buggy and for my axial rr10. great stuff
    • amainhobbies.com - great variety of upgrade parts and kits, also their customer support it's quite good. Really responsive and they helped me solving the issues I had. What issues you may ask??? Mainly their purchase process it's not that international friendly what ended up forcing me to buy some of the stuff I wanted from them on amazon.
    So here are some pictures of the stuff I got...

15. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Didn't mean to post, sorry!

16. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

my local hobby shop is online and good ... they have all the major brands ,and some good used rc deals come through the shop ... they are World of RC ...in Wilson N.C. they have mostly ground rc ..and a little of the other stuff ... about a mile from them is The Antique barn they have way more aircraft ,helis and planes ,and a huge model train assortment ...

17. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

I've got so many Asia tees and boom racing decals it's stupid. I really like them

Cameron Haga likes this.
  18. Chumley

Chumley Member

I use Tower Hobbie, Dirt Cheap RC (AKA The Barn Floor), and On E-bay:Nitro-Master, All ship fast and are US based.

I have used Banggood and Aliexpress...but the shipping time is horrendous.

I just started an AsiaTees order and at the same time, a Tower Hobby order, and it looks like the AsiaTees order will arrive quicker than my Tower Hobbies order...So a big plus for an Asian supplier who actually ships fast and at a reasonable rate.

GPM parts I order direct from GPM.... They use the same asian shipping companies most of them use: WeiTu Long shipping.....but I know I am getting genuine GPM parts.

I do try others, especially if they have something that is particularly cheap, but if the fdifference is smaller, I prefer the US suppliers....Tower Hobbies is my most frequent site. Relaible, they ship quickly and shipping time is within a week. With many specials, the shipping is often free, or a minimum price.

DivineChaos likes this.
  19. Cameron Haga

Cameron Haga Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Asiatees and boom racing rock ,so far but I haven't had to deal with their customer service department yet . Hobby King is kind of on my shit list due to the fact that they don't keep replacement parts stocked . I emailed them and asked them if they would warranty my rattler because they don't have the parts I need and haven't had them for six months and I am n the warranty time frame and they had me fill out a form and include video and pictures of the problem and my explanation and so far they haven't even emailed me back to say anything . When I check on my account it says that they have received the form but still no reply . It's lame to because I like the buggy and can't drive it .

20. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

Email them again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk