1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better grip, better torque or better weight distribution?

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by Defib, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Defib

Defib Active Member

So I got a new 2s Lipo for my SCX10 Deadbolt and swapped out the 3S that I mistakenly bought, being the newbie that I am. Managed to get some nice practice crawling in on a rocky vacant plot near our home.

However, I had a lot of tipping problems when climbing, mainly caused by the battery being placed over the back wheels on the SCX10 frame. How should I go about combatting that? Everything on my rig at the moment is stock. Stock wheels, stock 27T motor and stock suspension.
    • Should I change my wheels out first for better grip and maybe some weighted rims?
    • Should I change out the motor for a 35 or 45T motor? And what is the difference between improved grip over improved torque?
    • More radically, should I look at adjusting the layout of the car and move the battery plate further forward etc?
    A bit of a queston for a early Monday morning (here in Oz) or a late Sunday evening across the pond. ;)

2. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:

This is a great budget build on the deadbolt and it makes it very capable she watch these videos because he shows how to move the battery over the front axles

Black Diamond RC Ranch

3. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    one of the easiest things to do is switch the battery tray to the front and move the receiver box to the rear, then add weight to the front axle/wheels if needed.

lout, DodgeZippy and Defib like this.