1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELICOPTERS blade 400 and Trex 450 clone

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by dizzyinzo, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

When you are starting out hovering helis dizzyinzo, ALWAYS keep the tail towards yourself.. Its the only way to keep the correct orientation in your head, and on the elev/aileron stick. Also, do NOT go into idle up mode when you are just practicing hovering. Its an instinct for beginners to drop the throttle stick like a rock when they get in trouble.. if you are in idle up and do that, it will PLOW into the ground.

Just a couple pointers that no one told me about when I was starting out ;) How is the heli flying going btw?

2. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

VERY valid points. When I teach people I get them to master hovering 10 feet in front of them, once they have that I get them to shift the heli sideways 10 feet, the tail would be in the same direction so now there looking at the heli on a slight angle, get the hover, move to the other side, master those then rise up 10 feet now looking at the bottom of the heli. thats my first few lessons anyway

3. ev0l

ev0l New Member

I suggest you next purchase be a simulator if you plan to stick with flying heli's, they are used even by advanced pilots to master stunts before trying IRL. It will save you money in the long run.

As for servo's hitec makes a good micro. I'd stay away from eflite as they dont seem to center as well. I run JR in all of my birds and could not be happier with them, but they are more expensive. Go digital if you can afford it. Your heli will feel more locked in because swash servos will be working in perfect concert.

I also suggest flying with 0 expo. Flying heli's require very fine adjustments on the sticks, the sooner you get the feel for that without software numbing things for you the better.

Good luck!