1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTHER Bomber electrics.

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by OHO, Nov 24, 2017.

1. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Currently torn between buying a Bomber kit next or an RC4WD scaler, if I go the Bomber route, what electrics are you guys running?
    I'm pretty experienced with RC but wondering if brushed would be okay, for some crawling and a little burst of speed when needed?
    I'm leaning towards brushed mainly for the slow crawl ability as I don't really want to shell out hundreds for high end sensored electrics.
    What do you guys run?

walter likes this.
  2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    OHO and Nastyman211 like this.
  3. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for that, watching your AX-10 video shows how well it crawls, then the SCX10 shows the burst of speed.
    I was planning on running 3s, but I have a crap load of 2s packs and that seems to be enough.
    Hmmm, that's really tempting now!

4. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    yea 2s is lots. that being said it run 3s. but you need to beef up the entire drive train if you do. hardened metal all around. My truck is due for a complete overhaul. ive worn everything out. lol its definitely served its time. lol

5. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for the input anyway man, I appreciate it.
    Kinda annoyed at the moment, spent over $400 in upgrades for my SCX10, put it all together and something is binding now even though nothing is visible lol, haven't even changed drivetrain parts.
    Eurghh, more trouble than it's worth, might revert it back to how it was!

6. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    Does it spin freely with the motor out. Or one of the drive shafts off. Just narrow it down and find the bastard thats causing the issue. If its raised the angle on the shafts is the #1 cause if binding.