1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brushless nano upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrics & Batteries' started by BigMike81, Mar 19, 2014.

1. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I installed a brushless motor upgrade from Horrizon Hobby and am having some trouble. My stock batteries don't seem to have the punch they used to when it was a brushed motor. The stock ones are 3.7v 25c batteries and work fine on the brushed motor. The first couple of flights on the brushless motor went great but after about 3 min. they died out and were very warm imo. Does anyone think a 45c battery would be a solution or should I call Horrizon and talk to them about the possible problem with the brushless system? Really like the first couple of flights and want to go brushless with this thing as I think it is more fun, as long as it is working well. Now all my batteries seem to do the same thing, last about 2.5 min with a lack of power and will barely get off the ground without cutting out and falling to the ground. Re-installed the stock motor and worked great, no problem. I am open to suggestions.:seriousbusiness:

2. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

After going back to stock, I learned that I need to get the 45c batteries for optimal performance. At least now I know.

3. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I think my esc was going out. I put the 45c battery in and the motor just jerked a little and then I saw smoke from the esc come out and that was all she wrote. I orded up a new one today, so down but not out.

4. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

It was definitely an esc problem. I installed a new one a couple of weeks ago and now I am getting a full 4 min. of flight time out of it.

5. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Still running strong with a ton of head speed, this thing really rips now.

6. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I got some new lynks blades and now it has lightning fast reflexes.

7. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

good to hear you're up and running.... errr... I might of missed it..... but..... what you flying again??

8. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Oh yah man, she rips it up good!:omg: Thanks for asking.

#8 BigMike81, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014