1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get some advice on the Kyosho mini-z?

Discussion in 'RC Drifting' started by 61ChevyApache, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 61ChevyApache

61ChevyApache New Member

I have never had an on-road RC, and Medic on YouTube got me interested in the Kyosho mini-z, so now I’m saving for one, but I don’t know what I want in it. I want the Audi R8 racecar, but I don’t know what I should look for past that. Do I go RWD or AWD? Also, what kind of upgrade parts do I need? I also DON’T have interest in drifting, I want more of a track racer. Should I get the RWD or AWD? Thanks for the help, it’s greatly appreciated!

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I don't k ow much about the Mini Z besides that they're so cool! RWD will be more challenging while AWD will be more point and shoot, it's really up to you. Since you want to race it and not drift, AWD might be better.

3. 61ChevyApache

61ChevyApache New Member

Thanks. I had read that the AWD was a better drifter, but it didn’t make sense to me. I guess now I know which one to get. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

4. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It’s easier to control drifts with AWD, and harder with RWD. So it depends what kind of
    challenge you want