1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you turn nitro rc cars to electric

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by thebadguy313, Apr 30, 2012.

1. thebadguy313

thebadguy313 New Member

i kind of new bout i always love rc cars since a kid i had many but not on this level i had those store bought ones frm toys store so i was just wonder if i could turn this nitro tuck i got to a brushless electric truck

2. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yes nitro trucks can be converted to electric, depending on RC. There is alot nitro to electric conversion kits, there may just not be one for your particular RC. My farther in law has a savage 4.6 that he NEVER uses, I have been thinking of buying it off him and doing a electric conversion to it. What RC are you thinking of converting?

3. ehunter0905

ehunter0905 New Member

You can indeed convert nitro to brushless. I have personally converted a Traxxas Revo 3.3 and a Losi Ten-T to brushless. Tekno RC makes several conversion kits for some popular vehicles as Madmardigan suggested. Tekno RC - Brushless Kits, Motors, Conversions, Parts

It will take some, but done right, they usually come out great.

4. Flgthor

Flgthor Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i think with time and money anything can be done just look at overkill dj medic made granted it wasn't nitro but it did not start with 2 transmissions and 4 motors!i working on converting a nitro to electric but still gathering parts soon going look to see what i can make my 2 duratraxs maxmim st pros are only 2wd and nitro.i want to make 1 of them a 4x4 brushless.like i said soon i hope to start on this project.