1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Careful What you post.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Magnat007, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Some people are not aware that if you list your email address on a forum you can be targetted by unwanted spam. The risk is small but it is still possible.

So if I was to list my Email address as Iamabigfathairycheeseburger@Nevermindthisbit.com
    Within hours it will be listed on Google and then I can expect to get targetted by advertising bots.
    Next thing you know you have an inbox of advertising from selling cars to enlargement creams.

Same with phone numbers.. NEVER list any information you do not want shared with the world.
    Ever wonder how telemarketers get phone numbers ? Easy.. there is software written to search the internet and look for listed numbers.

Any information you post about yourself in your profile is Safe. Anything you list in a forum post is not.
    When selling something via the Classifieds.. Have the Interested parties message you with the internal message service and then give them the contact details.

Don't post up a mobile or phone number or an Email address.
    Your Privacy is important and here at RCSPARKS we take every step to make sure your information is secure but a forum is not the place to exchange details.. the Private messaging system is.

If your Not sure how to message someone... Click on their name and select Start Conversation..

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Very good info

Keenan Williamson likes this.
  3. Damon95yj

Damon95yj Member

Great advice! thanks.

Keenan Williamson likes this.
  4. Keenan Williamson

Hey can I ask
    You something

5. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Want to test my theory out... Copy and paste that fake Email address into google now.. You will see that the search engines which are doing their job have now created a link to this post by that email address..

So please remember.. Do not post anything on a public forum you do not want shared with the world.. It is how the Internet works..

DivineChaos likes this.
  6. Keenan Williamson

7. Doc Inzo

Doc Inzo New Member

yep. excellent info. i pretty much follow that rule always.