1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charging 2 batteries same time

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by dirty_coyle, Mar 17, 2014.

1. dirty_coyle

dirty_coyle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Can I just leave my y-connector on and charge both of my batts at the same time? Just bought the connector and second battery today
    I only have one charger and it's the weak little thing that came out of the gravedigger backpack

2. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It depends on what kind of batteries you're talking about and what kind of Y adapter you have. If they are lipo, heck no. If they are Nimh, you probably can do it, however only if your Y adapter connects the batteries in Parallel. If it connects them in Series, you likely will not have enough voltage from the charger. Also, this is not an optimal way to charge the batteries so they will not have peak run time. Best bet is to get another cheapy charger or invest in a better one that can charge in a more reasonable amount of time.

Dna

3. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

agreed if it is NIMH battery's maybe find a Twin peaks NIMH charger ... it will charge 2 batts at the same time ( no y cable ) it has two outputs ... Dynamite Twin Peak RC Battery Charger | eBay
    if lipos then u need to know what you are doing to be safe . and would need a programmable charger . IMAX B6 LCD Screen Digital RC LiPo NiMH NiCd Battery Balance Charger Discharger | eBay a better lipo charger Venom AC DC Pro2 Charger LiIon LiPo Life NiCd NiMH 677 E Revo Savage Slash | eBay
    good deal dual lipo charger http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNAMITE-PR...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417dd6a752

#3 Y2daT, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  4. dirty_coyle

dirty_coyle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for the info guys, sorry about the lack of it on my part.
    Running a traxxas 1/16 gravedigger, just purchased a second 1200mah nihm(it was cheap and so am I lol) and parallel connector #3064
    Definitely can't afford to step into the lipo world