1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper options?

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC' started by jeremy878785, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jeremy878785

jeremy878785 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am looking to get into the fifth scale scene and I am looking for a cheaper RTR option rather than dropping a grand on an Baja. Im looking at the ones on nitro rcx but I don't know whether to trust them or not im open to any suggestions and thanks in advance!:) Heres a link to the ones I am looking at1/5th Gasoline Car

2. VoyageRC

VoyageRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You could look into a King Motor or a Rovan car. They are readily available on the eBay and are supposed to be completely compatible with the Baja 5b. I don't know much about them though.

3. jeremy878785

ELiTE MEMBER

Im looking into the king motors full Baja compatibility is nice to have because that means easy to get parts and mods.

4. evanmatulina

evanmatulina Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

There is one I saw at my lhs it looked like an rtr kraken r/c cage kit it's 800$. Still expensive but far better than the terrible quality of the exceed rc ones. They're really cheaply made. Exceed rc is a very bad option for durability. Most of the time they'll brake if you look at the funny. Now some people have had better luck but none of my buds and nor have I.

#4 evanmatulina, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  5. jeremy878785

ELiTE MEMBER

That is kinda why I am steering more towards the king motors.

6. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I just recently got my Rovan Baja 26cc 5T for Christmas just last year gone and I have not had any problems with it. I have rolled it a few times and both the rear shocks have come unscrewed once because of that but I just put a bit of loctite on them and put them back together and it's all good.

7. jawehner1419

jawehner1419 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I know red cat racing rampage.

8. kensnarr

kensnarr New Member

I just picked up a kingomotors ex 2.0 29.5 cc gas buggy and let me say for the price it is a great 1/5 scale buggy