1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

check out my vdieo of some guy yelling at me over my rc car

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by isaiahwitter, Nov 27, 2013.

1. isaiahwitter

isaiahwitter New Member

yea the guy on the other side of the park came out with his kids the day before and was loving it and I let him try it and he didn't care if I was driving it there.

2. RobTapps

RobTapps Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

And that is why you buy an electric.. there will always be people hating on nitro/gas because of the noise, Im gonna side with the guy in this case.. the 5b is loud as hell and should be used at a track where it was designed to be used.. not on the road infront of your house.

3. AX10wannabe

AX10wannabe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

nice neighbourhood!!!

here's my .02....

i am siding with you, the guy was a dink, i didnt hear any yelling execpt for at the end. i live out in the country and dad and i both race lawnmowers that are way louder than a 5b, i have a nitro savage with an outlaw race pipe on it thats just as loud as a yamaha banshee with a pipe on it... all my neighbours have dirtbikes, sleds, quads that are loud so noise to use dont really matter but a couple years ago the neighbours beside us gave me shit for running my savage up and down the driveway and apparently i was "creating dust".. i told them to go **** themselves.. they *****ed about our FREE RANGE CHICKENS going over to their house, dad explained to them that they are free range chickens and can go wherever they frigg they want. this neighbour is in their 50's and they dont make a lot of noise and keep to themselves but jesus christ man no need to ***** about every little thing..

so what im saying is i know where your coming from with neighbours *****ing about everything.. it sucks.... the guy needs to have a whiskey or something and if he's *****ing about a few minutes of runtime then he better not come to my house..lol i would of told the guy to go **** off and its within the noise times. now just make sure you dont run anything thats loud outside of those times because then buddy can ***** about the noise and you cant do **** all.. yes i live out in the country (20kms from the nearest town) but i try not to run the angle grinder, air compressor etc after a certain time at night.. i will use hand tools, electric impacts and stuff are fine but the air comp is too loud for 10pm.

if the guy is complaining about kids at the park across the street and hates the noise then he should move because he's got problems.. i dont see why some of you guys are hating on the OP, he did nothing wrong all he wanted to do was run his rig for a few minutes up and down the street after dinner and was well within the noise times. buddy coming over and *****ing was buddy's fault, the OP did not yell and told him flat out i was not disturbing the peace..

to the OP- if you want to run your rig for say like 2 hours or something than yeah take it somewhere else but for 30 mins i wont worried about it..

again this is just my opinion.

4. sean.skuce

sean.skuce New Member

What an ******* I've had problems with a guy on my street but I live in coop so I can't fight the guy my wife doesn't want me to kick he's teeth in

5. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Just re-watched the vid.. you look like you were in an abandoned lot or a park. With loads of room.

The dude is a moron..
    6PM is NOT late.
    Public land is public land

You said this guy has come out and complained against you playing soccer... If its a Public lot.. HE HAS NO RIGHT.
    You are dead correct about the lawn mowers. If I was mowing my lawn and got asked to stop I would have found a new use for the lawn mower... a toe trimmer.
    I think this guy has forgotten where he lives.. ITS A SUBURB... THERE IS GONNA BE NOISE!

#25 Magnat007, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  6. YellowBonz69

YellowBonz69 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looked all good to me, buddy is just a dick. Time to get all your RC buddies together and have a jamboree in that vacant lot.
    Eat Sleep RC

7. chetmotox

chetmotox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Because this thread has been revived (it was posted in November in 2013) and this particular issue has probably been resolved I would like to interject a few thoughts regarding the issue in general.

First, I think this guy had a point but it doesn't mean he was right(he was an @$$ about it). I could see suggesting the construction site up the road but its not his property so he can't "force" you to leave. I understand his point of view but he does have to realize its public property and at that time of day, you have to let people enjoy themselves. I've heard kids' screams that would out do any 2 stroke motor but that is fine.

BUT....and this is a big but.....we as a community have to try and work with people like this to keep the places we do run at open. What if he was a city official? All he now has to do is start lobbying for unmanned vehicles that are over such and such size and decibels to be outlawed within the city limits. He gets all the other people who are boring and quiet to vote for it and we lose that spot to go run. Next it will be public trails, state parks, etc. Sounds a bit extreme but it happened to me with my dirt bike. Places I rode in town got shut down and soon after it was public trails in the mountains that were closed because the motorcycles were too loud, caused more erosion, and disturbed the hikers and horseback riders.

We have to realize that though this guy might be wrong and may have been able to handle it better, we have to respect him and try our best to work with him to keep these spots open. It might mean asking when it would be alright to drive there because you aren't able to go to the construction site or some other compromise but working with him will get you much further than working against him.

And this goes beyond this one video but to each encounter we run into. We can put a positive light on our community by working with these people. Just saying.

8. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

in this video I see that this situation in my opinion did not have to happen like that , and could of been handled better on both sides as two wrongs don't make a right. on one hand it does not take anything more than a sleeping child to justify not wanting the noise that was complained about and not knowing why the request for quiet we only know what we see.
    let me tell you what I saw ,,I saw a man that clearly had a problem with the noise and right or wrong he did not handle it very well I believe the thing to do was to either first call the cops or talk to your father. not to confront a persons child that may not have thought about the consequences of running a gas powered buggy in a residential area. it is good that you had the camera rolling in that respect but you should ask yourself would you have posted this video if you knew that you were wrong. with out knowing your neighbor and not liking the way he handled this problem I must say that when people are wrong or don't understand is the time you should be the better person . now on video you showed a neighbor desperate
    and not handling it very well but you filmed your father with him and it isn't clear if either know that they were being filmed
    but were both not handling it well. but I think neither your father or your neighbor deserve to be put on display for others to be asked to not only comment but to pick a side. and be judged by people you don't know. so far the only problem that I have with that is some comments that ware being made with both parties in the wrong .
    one person goes from 0 to kicking peoples teeth in and another disguises the f word 8 times and accuses every body of hating when they were invited to judge the video.
    I am not sure that ANY PERSON in the video deserve to be judged and called jerks and dicks and fing this and fing that
    when all that were involved did not solve any thing and were clearly within their rights for whatever reason.
    this is the way I see it ,,,, I am sorry that this happened and I am sure that you did not know that it was bothering anybody
    so as long as you are all good I am ok.
    as far as the law I think that the noise made buy your buggy is over the decibels allowed by the law and the reason that
    the cops did not show is because the neighbor did not call them so maybe he is not as some would judge him to be.
    and it comes down to as an rc community are we going to take the high road and try to get people to accept rc's in the hood
    or we going to force things upon people who don't understand.
    name calling and violence is not the way.
    in the video you were wrong ,
    not on purpose or knowingly but wrong non the less.
    you should be forgiven for that reason.
    and the neighbor should have called the cops or talked to your father , not confronted you because that is why your father ran him off with out addressing the problem.
    and as for your father I am sorry he got dragged in to this. and is unfairly put on the spot doing what a father has to do.

#28 Monkeypiarat, Aug 22, 2014
  9. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

well said, well said.

10. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

what happened to my buddy Magnat007 ?your not holding him hostage are you? what ever it is I will pay the ransom I want my friend back. :tttt:

#30 Monkeypiarat, Aug 22, 2014
  11. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The video backs the evidence .. The area is public domain.
    IF it was on his property or there was destruction of public property then yeah, my attitude would be a little different.

Running an RC vehicle on public domain before the hours of 8pm on any evening is perfectly permissible.
    I used to mow my lawn at 6pm then hit it with garden sprinkler till 8pm... The noise level is no different.
    Its apart of living in a Suburb..
    Its people who do dirty great big burn outs in 1/1 scale cars and sell drugs on the street that are a threat to suburban life.. Not kids playing Soccer or running an RC Car.

12. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

I joined this community 1 year ago and I must say that this is the first time that I have seen this kind of mean spirited name
    calling and I am ashamed that instead of keeping in mind that the answer is that people should work things out.
    why in the world would some one tell this person that it is ok to run your gas power 5th scale buggy when the truth is that he should check his local laws because not a one of us live where he does and know his local laws. shame one each and every one of you that would say that his neighbor is a dick a moron or any mean spirited thing and that he has every right to do as he pleases when if he is not sure he should ask his parents .It is my mistake that I thought people would set an example to follow. I believe that right or wrong people should be aloud their opinion. but that does not include calling people names in the way that has been demonstrated today I am ashamed to say that I involved my self with this thread .
    and if you want people to RESPECT you OR APRECIATE you then you should stop that sort of shameful behavior.
    not a one of you know his neighbor to label him an sob or moron and I would hope that should any one of you ever ,ever have a problem of any kind ,are misunderstood or weak OR WRONG that someone steps up in your name and says I will try to do what is right. and not that you are not deserving of dignity or worse.
    and now before you judge me like a bad neighbor at least have the self respect to scroll up the page and see if you have crossed the line and know that it is you that I am talking to.
    I refuse to believe that this forum was provided for this type of abuse.
    I am not perfect or better than anyone and some days I am about as sorry an individual as you can get .
    but even on my worst day I will NEVER come here to this forum and say that someone , anyone is a moron a sob or any other name as I have seen today.
    OH YEAH one more thing this is just my opinion so it shouldn't bother you in any way because you don't care about other peoples feelings or what people think Right?
    :disapointed:

13. nyctankman

nyctankman Member

That guy was an ass, I would of fire up my B & rip some trenches in his yard.

14. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

ok first off you were on public property before 10pm almost everywhere this is legal no matter how loud but being a gas vehicle cops can issue you a citation for an unauthorized motor vehicle on public property if it is posted. If it was electric they can not. Also running your RC on a construction site is potentially dangerous and can lead to a trespassing charge, because the construction site is private property. Now since he has harassed others in the park you can file a harassment complaint with the neighborhood association if it continues but this will ultimately cause more problems. Have dealt with similar at a local bmx track which is public property, and running an electric truck which isn't classified as a motor vehicle so I feel you man.

15. Tim S

Tim S Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    That guy might have been off his meds for all I know. Something in his life has made him so bloody miserable he genuinely resents people for enjoying something like taking the RC for a rip in public green space. Ive run across a couple people like that. Just miserable for the sake of being miserable.
    My 1 experience with cops and my RCs: they were mildly interested, I asked them if they could put the radar gun on it to clock its top speed, they jokingly said they couldn't because if it broke the speed limit they'd have to give me a ticket!