1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check your wires to your On/Off switch!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Kendal_Wong, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Kendal_Wong

Kendal_Wong New Member

So I was trailing one day with my scx10 honcho. I, one of those people, who got there scx10 with the esc loose in the truck. I just left it in there loose. No biggie. Anyway, I was trailing one day behind my house with a bunch of branches on the ground and what not. As I leave my esc and the switch to turn (on-off) the truck, the switch dangles down. It stopped working out of no where and i was freaking out. It was raining that day and I know for sure that all my stuff is water PROOF. I submerged it plenty of times in the water lol. But I was confused. didnt know what was going on. I come home and look at it, take it apart, and on my computer im searching for new esc's. Thinking. that my esc burned up some how. I was messing with the switch turning it on and off and saw the best thing that happened all day. My truck stopped turning on because the black or red. wire broke. but was still in the black seal! I cut the wires and emerged them together. the truck works perfectly fine as its suppose to! So to those out there who are wondering if their esc burned up on them. CHECK YOUR WIRES INTO YOUR ON AND OFF SWITCH!!!!

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Better yet remove it entirely, as you have discovered they are nothing but trouble.

3. matt16289

matt16289 New Member

Same thing has been happening to me lately. I'm going to be snipping it off here soon!

4. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm with Crank on this. If its a standard on/off switch, i'll cut it off, even before I solder on the battery connectors!!!!

5. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Yup plus 1 on that.

6. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    We have to use switches on the nitro boats and I've seen a few boats totaled on the rocks with bad switches (including one of mine). When I have to use one now I use a toggle switch completely sealed with epoxy or silicone.

7. Kendal_Wong

Kendal_Wong New Member

Exactly what i did lol!

8. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So far so good, left mine on and I submarine mine.... Sawback and my honcho....................:bouaaaaah:

9. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I just cut mine off - no need for it anyway - its just a pain in the rear - the other day on my Summit I switched throttle trim to 70/30 on the transmitter accidentally and the ESC was blinking fast green meaning it wasn't connected to the receiver - I spent 4 hours frantically taking things apart and testing things and nothing did anything - then under a hunch I looked at all the trim settings and saw the 70/30 - switched it back and everything was fine - that made my day:)

10. thecowboy

thecowboy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

cut, strip, twist and shrink wrap your off and running.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]